RP-Sergio Romo

How did I do? Opinions are welcomed
Dave910
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How did I do?

Postby DutchySox » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:42 am

It's easier to qualify "how well you did" in a draft when we also know the rounds you drafted players in, but purely going on your list I'd say you did pretty well.

Your infield is very, very solid (I'm assuming there were no keeper penalties or draft pick compensation, as you got to keep both Pujols and Cabrera). I do not particularly like your outfield: Willingham might give you some homers, Upton is an enigma and will kill you in avg (but gets you steals), and Victorino is not a guy you can rely on nowadays. I would much rather play Pagan in the outfield than Victorino, and mix-and-match your 2nd UTIL spot based on matchups.

Speaking of which: your bench needs some work. You have way too much speed on your bench (Gardner and Cabrera), whereas I don't think Soriano is worth a bench spot at all, and Quentin is injury prone (though a very decent benchwarmer). More pop, is what I'd say.

I like your pitching staff. Greinke, Latos and Gallardo will give you a very solid 1-3, and I like Brett Anderson a lot (when healthy). Wandy and Garza are "meh", but will go out every fifth day. You have three very solid RPs too, so you're set pretty much in that area.

Above average team, but for a 10-team league with so few roster spots, you need to go out on the waiver wire and replace a guy like Soriano. There are better players on your wire, I bet (Colvin? Saunders? Gentry?)
DutchySox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team