How did I do? First draft in years. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How did I do? First draft in years.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How did I do? First draft in years.

Postby JoeJoe41189 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Haven't played fantasy baseball in years. My buddies needed a 10th guy for a league so I joined like an hour before the draft with no prep at all. Got the first pick but hopefully I didn't get taken for $100. Let me know how I did. They are very competitive and have been playing for years so I want to compete.

C Yadier Molina
1b LaRoche
2b Phillips
SS Tulowitzki
3b Middlebrooks
OF Trout
OF Harper
OF Adam Jones
Ut Ian Desmond
ut Alcides Escobar
Bn Adam Dunn
Bn Alex Avila

Starters
Dickey
Gallardo
Ian Kennedy
Matt Harison
Anibal Sanchez
Marco Estrada

Relievers
Soriano
Nathan
Balfour

Thanks in advance. Also should I drop Estrada for Kyle Lohse?
JoeJoe41189
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How did I do? First draft in years.

Postby DutchySox » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:52 am

To answer your first question: no, you don't drop Estrada for Lohse. Estrada has breakout written all over him this year, strikes out a ton of guys and is basically much better than Lohse. I myself picked Lohse up the other day, and dropped David Phelps. That's the range of player drop you need to look for if you want Lohse.

Now, your team. I'm assuming it's a 10 team Head to Head league. To give you a better analysis, draft rounds would've been nice, but I'll give it a shot regardless.

First off: you can drop Alex Avila and pick up either another position player or a pitcher (Lohse, for instance). In a 10-team/one catcher league, you do not need a second catcher. Especially not if you have a horse like Molina (nice pick there). Your infield is solid up the middle, and you did great by getting Ian Desmond to backup Tulowitzki for if/when he gets injured. Well done. As a result, Escobar is droppable/trade bait. You don't need three shortstops on your roster, and you don't want to play Escobar in UTIL2 just for steals, in my opinion.

I am personally a huge believer in Middlebrooks, so I like that pick a lot too. Having LaRoche start at first base is not ideal to me (not in a 10 team league anyway), but you could do worse. You could try to swing a trade for a better 1B, or pick one up off the wire.

Your OF is sick. Trout, Harper and Jones are 3 of the top 5 young superstar outfielders in the game, and they will give you everything you need: power, speed, RBIs, runs, the whole thing. Monster job there.

Starting rotation: You lack a trustworthy ace, but Dickey is worth a shot in that spot. Gallardo and Kennedy are "meh" in my book, but hopefully they'll perform. I personally like Sanchez and love Estrada, whereas Harrison is one of those "I don't know" kinda guys. RPs are solid. Nothing to see there.

Concluding: great offense, just minor tweaks needed. Pitching: I'd go out to look for a good/upper tier pitcher. Maybe package Avila and Escobar in a trade for a Doug Fister kind of SP + throw-in or something. Just don't drop Estrada for Lohse.
DutchySox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team