Contract Keeper League player help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Contract Keeper League player help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Contract Keeper League player help

Postby bodsquad » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:42 pm

I am in a 10 team that is a contract/keeper league. 30 players per team. We have a salary cap and we have already done the draft. If I keep a player just a year it is 1 from my cap. If I keep a player it is 2 years it counts as 2 against the cap this year and next and so forth. It is kind difficult to get better through the draft. Each team typically keeps between 12-18 players each year. the top 5 picks were Ian Desmond, Jason Motte, Salvador Perez, Jimmy Rollins and James Shields for example. I don't have a bunch of cap room. My question are any of these players good enough to be kept more than a year or do I allow myself some cap space to be able to make some moves during the year?

I think these players need more than a year contract.
Nelson Cruz- My OF is Hamilton, Bruce, Gardner, Morse- Morse and Gardner are only signed through this year. We play 4 OF. I have other OF, but they are all going to be 1 year.
Jason Gilli-Is he going to be good enough this year and next. I have been burned by closers before. Heath Bell. I don't have a closer signed more than this year.
Jose Veras- Probably too big of a risk to sign for more than a year? Thoughts?

questions.
Anibal Sanchez
Homer Bailey
I am not solid on SP this year or the future. i have King Felix and Halliday for another two years. They both could be really good, but both are question marks. Bailey was the 79th player picked and Sanchez was the 89th. Probably not worth to keep more than a year?
bodsquad
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 46)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Contract Keeper League player help

Postby ahcryky » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Closers show up every year during the year.... If Bailey can start where he left off at the end of the season I would go with him.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=457174
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions