Please help my team? ANY ADVICE HARSH DONT MIND - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please help my team? ANY ADVICE HARSH DONT MIND

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please help my team? ANY ADVICE HARSH DONT MIND

Postby infused305 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Im in a H2H point league with 10 teams. Im new to the community but not THAT new when it comes to fantasy, so if u would like leave your team link and ill help out as much as possible thanks (:

C: Victor Martinez
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Robinson Cano
3B: Aramis Ramirez
SS: Hanley Ramirez(i know he's out for 8 weeks but he still should be a key factor come playoff time)
OF: Josh Hamilton
OF: Yoenis Cespedes
OF: Tori Hunter
UTIL:Adam LaRoche
UTIL:Kendrys Morales
UTIL: David Freese(he's only out for about 10-15 days)
Bench: Ichiro Suzuki
Bench: Lance Berkman
Bench: Omar Infante
Bench: Delmon Young

Then for my pitching staff
SP: AJ Burnett
SP: Felix Hernandez
SP: Zach Greinke
SP: Anibal Sanchez
SP: Yovani Gallardo
RP: Kenley Jansen
RP: Rafael Betancourt
Bench: Mark Buehrle

Opinions!?
infused305
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please help my team? ANY ADVICE HARSH DONT MIND

Postby ks501 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:14 pm

I love this team, even for a 10 team league this is a stacked roster if V-Mart comes back strong. Definitely hang tough with a bad V-Mart first half because when he goes on a tear, it's usually prolonged and he might be a bit rusty not having been in action for over a year. You're obviously going to need to do something at SS until Hanley comes back. Find out if Lowrie is available, he's going to win the job in Oakland and he's a streaky hitter with a good approach who I think deserves 450 AB's at some point, this could be that year. He's always a solid OPS producer, could easily see .250/.330/.440 from him and that's fine for a temporary fill in off the wire. I wouldn't be surprised if Ichiro has more fantasy value than Torii Hunter this year and the same could be true of Freese over Aramis. Assuming A-Gon has OF eligibility in your league I'd start out with a line up of
C - Vmart
1B - Berkman (work him in early in the season, I think there's a chance his bat will taper off late)
2B - Cano
3B - Aramis
SS - Lowrie (if he's out there until Hanley is good)
OF - A-Gon
OF - Hamilton
OF - Cespedes
UTIL - Freese (Morales til he's back)
UTIL - LaRoche
UTIL - Ichiro/Torii

If Morales is a producer for SEA, he can get in that line-up in the Torii/Ichiro spot, but never depend on a guy moving to Safeco. I like the line up. You have options. Keep an eye out on the wire for depth.

Love the pitching. You obviously went bargain bin on closers and I like that. Kenley will close, no doubt, just a matter of when. I think Yovani Gallardo/Greinke will be awesome #2/#3 guys for you behind Felix. Even if in a worst case scenario Felix isn't himself for whatever reason this year, I bet you get ace numbers out of one of Yovani or Greinke. AJ Burnett is super underrated, took him with my last pick in a few leagues last year, have no problem moving him up into the 15th-18th rounds this year to get him, he's in attack mode in the NL and he'll put up very useful numbers. Anibal and Buehrle will give innings and not hurt the rate stats. Overall a really nice job, obviously without knowing the scoring system, its tough to tell you what direction to go in for replacing Hanley and Freese early but I can't imagine it being too big of a problem.
ks501
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby luso26 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:20 pm

Your IN looks solid. A-Gon, Cano and nice job waitting on 3B and nabbing Ramirez. I find that Ramirez has been falling in every draft so the value is real nice at his draft slot. You've done a good job acquiring a bunch of depth incase of injuries as well [Freese, Berk, LaRoche]. Tori should do well in that number 2 spot hitting in front of Fielder and Miguel. Overall that hitting looks pretty stacked.

I would look to get rid of Omar and Delmon Young.. There's gotta be some better options on the wire in a 10 man league.

Pitching looks OK. With the exception of Felix, I don't like too much here. Greinke I'm concerned about this season. His spring has been sluggish and that elbow issue may be a concern all year till he hits the DL. Not a fan of Anibal, don't know which Anibal you're gonna get with him. Gallardo is good, but he's a guy that will give you headaches. Do yourself a favour and avoid playing him against the Cardinals. Everyone expects Gallardo to finally take the next step, but he's just stayed stagnate. Which isn't so bad cus we know the kind of pitcher he is. High K's with a high WHIP. I think you could use some pitching help. Hitting wise you've done more than enough to compete
luso26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby infused305 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:36 pm

ks501 wrote:I love this team, even for a 10 team league this is a stacked roster if V-Mart comes back strong. Definitely hang tough with a bad V-Mart first half because when he goes on a tear, it's usually prolonged and he might be a bit rusty not having been in action for over a year. You're obviously going to need to do something at SS until Hanley comes back. Find out if Lowrie is available, he's going to win the job in Oakland and he's a streaky hitter with a good approach who I think deserves 450 AB's at some point, this could be that year. He's always a solid OPS producer, could easily see .250/.330/.440 from him and that's fine for a temporary fill in off the wire. I wouldn't be surprised if Ichiro has more fantasy value than Torii Hunter this year and the same could be true of Freese over Aramis. Assuming A-Gon has OF eligibility in your league I'd start out with a line up of
C - Vmart
1B - Berkman (work him in early in the season, I think there's a chance his bat will taper off late)
2B - Cano
3B - Aramis
SS - Lowrie (if he's out there until Hanley is good)
OF - A-Gon
OF - Hamilton
OF - Cespedes
UTIL - Freese (Morales til he's back)
UTIL - LaRoche
UTIL - Ichiro/Torii

If Morales is a producer for SEA, he can get in that line-up in the Torii/Ichiro spot, but never depend on a guy moving to Safeco. I like the line up. You have options. Keep an eye out on the wire for depth.

Love the pitching. You obviously went bargain bin on closers and I like that. Kenley will close, no doubt, just a matter of when. I think Yovani Gallardo/Greinke will be awesome #2/#3 guys for you behind Felix. Even if in a worst case scenario Felix isn't himself for whatever reason this year, I bet you get ace numbers out of one of Yovani or Greinke. AJ Burnett is super underrated, took him with my last pick in a few leagues last year, have no problem moving him up into the 15th-18th rounds this year to get him, he's in attack mode in the NL and he'll put up very useful numbers. Anibal and Buehrle will give innings and not hurt the rate stats. Overall a really nice job, obviously without knowing the scoring system, its tough to tell you what direction to go in for replacing Hanley and Freese early but I can't imagine it being too big of a problem.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, i dropped Young for lowrie seeing how im gonna need him while hanley is out thank you once again!
infused305
T-Ball Trainer

Postby infused305 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:37 pm

luso26 wrote:Your IN looks solid. A-Gon, Cano and nice job waitting on 3B and nabbing Ramirez. I find that Ramirez has been falling in every draft so the value is real nice at his draft slot. You've done a good job acquiring a bunch of depth incase of injuries as well [Freese, Berk, LaRoche]. Tori should do well in that number 2 spot hitting in front of Fielder and Miguel. Overall that hitting looks pretty stacked.

I would look to get rid of Omar and Delmon Young.. There's gotta be some better options on the wire in a 10 man league.

Pitching looks OK. With the exception of Felix, I don't like too much here. Greinke I'm concerned about this season. His spring has been sluggish and that elbow issue may be a concern all year till he hits the DL. Not a fan of Anibal, don't know which Anibal you're gonna get with him. Gallardo is good, but he's a guy that will give you headaches. Do yourself a favour and avoid playing him against the Cardinals. Everyone expects Gallardo to finally take the next step, but he's just stayed stagnate. Which isn't so bad cus we know the kind of pitcher he is. High K's with a high WHIP. I think you could use some pitching help. Hitting wise you've done more than enough to compete

Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it !
infused305
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team