14 team H2H 6x6 with OBP and QS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

14 team H2H 6x6 with OBP and QS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

14 team H2H 6x6 with OBP and QS

Postby Irish Drunk » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:36 pm

New league drafted this year, did not know what to expect because half the guys I haven't played with before. Have a look let me know where you think I can improve/trade off. Thanks.

C - Pacheco (only need 5 game prior yr for eligibilty)
1B - Goldschmidt
2B - Pedroia
3B - Beltre
SS - Tulowitzki
OF- A. Jackson
OF - Holliday
OF - Soo-Choo
UTIL - I. Davis
UTIL - Morneau
UTIL - Pagan
BN - Gyorko
BN - A Escobar
BN - Marte
MN- T D'Arnaud

SP - Halladay
SP - J Garcia
SP - Hammel
SP - Cobb
RP - Fujikawa
RP - Pestano
BN - W. Davis

Yes I realize pitching needs some work but I fully believe both Fujikawa and Pestano will become their respective team's closers at some point this season. I'll scour the waiver wire for fill ins.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14 team H2H 6x6 with OBP and QS

Postby KrazyA428 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Offense looks really solid, especially in a 14 team league. Infield there are no holes (barring injury to Tulo), and outfield you've got some nice across the board production. Pagan gives you good depth there, too.

Like you already say, you could use another good starting pitcher - you are pretty shallow there. Then again, I'm not as familiar with 14 team leagues so it's hard for me to gauge where the other teams in your league likely stand. Maybe you could deal a guy like Pagan or Pedroia for another good arm? You might not need one of those two guys.

viewtopic.php?t=457117
KrazyA428
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby lenziemckenzie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:49 pm

I love the starting hitting. Looking very good.

I would get rid of most of your bench players in that department though. I'm of the philosophy that in H2H it's really very important to make the most of 2 start pitchers. Plus your SP really could do with some upgrades! Halladay hasn't looked himself for a while, I really hope he finds himself, but looking at last year and spring training this year he isn't really someone I'd like to depend on as my number 1. I've owned Garcia a few times in the past and he can be up and down plus I'm worried about his injury from last year. He decided not to have surgery and I've just got a bad feeling about it. (I'm a Cardinals fan BTW)...

Hope that helps a bit. I'd try to trade some bench hitters for SP. And perhaps see if you can't find any sleepers on the waiver wire. Seattle's Maurer has been phenomenal this spring, got a feeling he'll make the rotation... Good luck.
lenziemckenzie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Thanks guys. I have Wade Davis on my bench qualifies as RP only. As soon as he gets 5 starts he will enter the rotation. I think he can be a serviceable option in a 14 teamer with nice K ability.

I agree with you lenzie, going to drop the bench hitters for some extra pitching help. What do you think of a guy like Juan Nicasio in COL?
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 160)

Postby BigDix33 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:47 pm

For a 14 team league I like your offense quite a bit. You're right, your pitching is weak. Think about trading Ike off maybe if he starts off hot and sell high? I am a big Rockies fan. I would advise you to steer clear of Nicasio. He is still very much a work in progress. He needs to develop a consistent change up and slider to be effective. He has an electric fastball and commands it well, but in the big leagues you can't live off it alone. Especially when you call Coors your home. He will rack up the K's some weeks, but there is a large risk there. I feel like DLR would be the most valuable Rockies pitcher right now, but I'm scared to own any myself, and I really want to. Hope this helps.

Please take a look at my post and see which team is better. viewtopic.php?t=457275

Thanks.
BigDix33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team