How'd I do? (All Feedback Appreciated - Always WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How'd I do? (All Feedback Appreciated - Always WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How'd I do? (All Feedback Appreciated - Always WHIR)

Postby aerrico » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:53 am

jefferey13 wrote:I think you are going to struggle in the hitting department all around. I think Mccutchen is a bit overated, Phillips is a bit of a has been, Aybar is weak, and Montero is just blah. With all those things considered in a shallow 10 man league, I just don't see you placing.

I agree with all of this except I actually like Miguel Montero. But all the other points are right on.

In a 10 man league, I'm just not seeing where the power in your lineup is coming from. Even if we're going to be very optimistic and assume pro-rated, monster numbers for Longoria if he plays a full season, I still think this team struggles to make ends meet offensively. I would try to package some of your pitching for another star offensive player. Also, I completely agree on McCutchen being wayyy overrated this year. Maybe try packaging him with some pitching to an owner that likes McCutch and you'll be able to get two solid hitters back, which could strengthen your lineup a bit.
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How'd I do? (All Feedback Appreciated - Always WHIR)

Postby KrazyA428 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:13 am

Wow, lot of diverging opinions here. I guess I'm hoping for now that Stanton, Longo, Freeman, and Cutch will do most of the heavy lifting in the power department, but even if I don't win HR every week that's still just one category. I also believe that Gordon will hit closer to 20HR this year. I think I'll compete well in other offensive stats.

I was also just able to snag Laroche from FA - he might be a good bet to hit 25+ HR again.

Thanks for all of the opinions, though.
KrazyA428
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team