How'd I do? (All Feedback Appreciated - Always WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How'd I do? (All Feedback Appreciated - Always WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How'd I do? (All Feedback Appreciated - Always WHIR)

Postby KrazyA428 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 am

I’d appreciate any feedback on how you think I did and where I can improve. I’m in a H2H, 10 Team league, we do use OBP and Holds, otherwise categories are standard. All teams kept 6 players. We also have one NA spot to use on whomever we want.

Overall, I feel like I drafted a pretty balanced team. Pitching seemed thin this year but I think I've got about 5 or 6 guys I trust not to blow up my ERA and WHIP on a weekly basis. Other than that, I'd like to add another power bat (recently picked up Chris Carter on FA to remedy that problem).

C- Miguel Montero
1B Freddie Freeman
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Evan Longoria
SS Erick Aybar
OF Andrew McCutchen
OF Giancarlo Stanton
OF Desmond Jennings
UTIL Alex Gordon
UTIL Alexandro de Aza
BN Chris Carter
BN Ichiro Suzuki
NA Oscar Taveras

SP David Price
SP Jordan Zimmerman
RP Rafael Betancourt
RP Greg Holland
P Vinnie Pestano
P Joel Peralta
BN Matt Moore
BN Anibal Sanchez
BN Doug Fister
BN Tommy Millone
BN Mike Fiers
BN Kyle Lohse
DL Jason Motte
KrazyA428
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How'd I do? (All Feedback Appreciated - Always WHIR)

Postby DutchySox » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:49 am

Yup, that looks pretty solid to me. You only need a better shortstop (and I don't see the need to own Ichiro anymore, but hey, to each his own). Your pitching looks pretty darn solid too. Good team.

Can you say something about mine too? viewtopic.php?t=457114 Thanks!
DutchySox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby login » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks for answering mine. I agree with the poster above about SS. Also, you have plenty of depth at OF rendering Ichiro useless (except steals). I also like your pitching, you covered all the bases regarding holds/saves (Pestano is nasty).
login
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby KrazyA428 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:15 pm

I'll keep an eye out for a good SS on FA, though I do think Aybar could have a serviceable season hitting atop a stacked Angels order.
KrazyA428
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby TrippySG » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:30 pm

FA could provide a decent SS, I wouldnt mind Aybar but theres got to be something in a league that deep that would be better than that. I don't know how savvy your league is on rookies, but in a league like that I'd look for Profar or Andrelton Simmons to help you, maybe. The good thing is I dont see him hurting you in any way, and with some of these scarce positions its better to just have someone that doesnt pull any categories down.

One thing Id look at, and this is only my opinion, but I would drop a couple of those pitchers and pick up middle releivers. They hurt your ERA and WHIP less and you could dominate holds if you got a couple good ones. One word of caution, they NEVER get holds consistently yr to yr or month to month, so dont get attatched and follow trends closely. But this way, you could pad your K rates without killing your ERA and WHIP.

Help on mine? viewtopic.php?t=456974
TrippySG
College Coach
College Coach

Postby codyscherer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Hopefully longo can play at least 145 games this year for you this year. You need him I think for your power numbers for a 10 man league. Also if he gets hurt, having 2 weaker spots in your infield for a 10 man league could be tough to over come. But like I said if he plays 150-160 you should be good to go offensively. For a 10 man league you will be short on saves, but if you work the wire throughout the year, you should have no problems getting to middle of the pack or even around the top with the right pickups. Hard to predict batting average but you could be middle of the pack only there also for a 10 man league. Mainly because jennings might drag you down, if you play carter he will hurt it, and its not like you have any of the stud Ave guys like cabrera, votto, mauer, etc to compensate for any .250 or lower averages.
codyscherer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:46 pm

I think the strength of the team is in your pitching. You have a great diverse bunch there. My only complaint is you have 2 of TB, Det and Mil starters.........although you could have worse teams I guess.

I actually like Aybar and have him in my top 5 shortstops this season. He's hitting 2nd in the order could easily score 90 runs. I'm not so bullish on Phillips and I am beginning to think that Longoria is the most overhyped fantasy player of recent times. That being said I see continued development for Freeman, McCutchen, Jennings and De Aza. Gordon will have his best year. Not sure how Stanton will do in Miami with no protection in that lineup.

Bottom line is this team will do well because of the pitching and if the hitting pans out like I think it will it will do enough to support the pitching. Should compete for a top spot.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 160)

Postby BigDix33 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Your OF looks great! Like everyone else has said you could use some help at SS. You have some solid looking pitching. I'm not completely sold on Freeman yet but this could be his breakout year with that lineup. Over all I like your team. Good luck!

A little help here? viewtopic.php?t=457275
BigDix33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jefferey13 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 pm

I think you are going to struggle in the hitting department all around. I think Mccutchen is a bit overated, Phillips is a bit of a has been, Aybar is weak, and Montero is just blah. With all those things considered in a shallow 10 man league, I just don't see you placing.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Spirit29 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Krazy I think you did a great self-analysis. You indeed have a balanced team. I agree that at SS you can probably do better than Aybar, but you certainly have a good blend of power and speed on your roster. A lot of fantasy managers try to overdue it on the HRs, but by doing that they shoot themselves in the foot on .avg, steals, walks and more often than not Ks as well. Good for you not to fall into that trap.

In a 10-team league like yours, Id make sure to develop a "watch list" as there will cetsinly be players there that can help you.

All in all, nice work. Look for de Aza to have a nice season for you too.

Thoughts on my team? : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=456991
Spirit29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team