Please rate and help my team. (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate and help my team. (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate and help my team. (WHIR)

Postby codyscherer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 am

12 team standard yahoo scoring. Let me know what you think and what holes I need to plug. This is a very active trading league And I drafted a lot of guys I am not attached to so no problem trading them. I will for sure return any response or info given. Just leave a link.

C - Doumit
1st - Fielder
2nd - Zobrist
ss - ian desmond
3rd - adrian beltre
OF - Austin jackson
of - Cuddyer
OF - Alex gordon
UT - Adam Laroche
Ut - Coco crisp
B - Rutledge
B - Youkillis
B - Kubel
DL - Corey Hart

SP - Cain
SP - Wainwright
RP - Nathan
RP - Romo
P - Lincecum
P - Robertson
P - League
B - Ryu
B - Hanson
codyscherer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rate and help my team. (WHIR)

Postby DutchySox » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:54 am

Pretty solid team you got there. I personally love Desmond and Rutledge this year, and I think you probably got Kubel as a steal too (he went 21st round in my 12-teamer the other day). You are, however, a little low on SP. Cain and Wainwright... and then nothing (though Ryu could be a fun one this year). Lincecum and Hanson are major question marks for me (and I don't believe in either), so if there's anywhere I'd look, it'd be in that corner first. Other than that, looks good to me.

If you can, please check out my team! viewtopic.php?t=457114
DutchySox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby sledge4 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:04 am

Very solid infield... but aside from LaRoche, you probably have little chance to get "major" power and RBI production from your OF/UT spots.

You are strong at stolen bases, maybe you could move someone (or two) for more offensive production in the outfield.

With that in mind, I'd probably start Kubel over Crisp since Crisp is really only a one-trick pony.

Just my $.02.

viewtopic.php?t=457120
sledge4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby KrazyA428 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:50 am

No major weaknesses that I see. I think Austin Jackson and Alex Gordon will both have very solid years, so I like those guys. I'm hoping that Gordon can return to his 18-22 HR range (I have him as well this year). Overall the offense looks balanced with a nice blend of speed and power, with not too many guys who will be a drag on your batting average.

Pitching wise I think you might be able to use another reliable arm, just because I don't trust Wainwright's durability much and I have no idea what to expect from Lincecum this year (he is struggling this spring). I think once you shore that up I would imagine that you'll be in contention amongst the best teams in your league.

Here's mine: viewtopic.php?t=457117
KrazyA428
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby majawi85 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Very solid, balanced team. I'm jealous of your pitching staff, you have a few guys that I wanted but didn't end up falling in my price range in my draft. However, I'd drop Robertson (assuming it's NYY David Robertson) as I believe he's getting dropped to AAA. I'd look to put some more power in your OF as well, I'm not big on Crisp or Cuddyer so if it were me I'd be looking to replace one of them with a bit more pop.
majawi85
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby ks501 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Look into Lincecums second half if you're not a believer. He had a 9+ k/9 over 100+ innings including playoffs with an ERA coming back down to earth in the 3.60 range. Solid FIP and high BABIP makes me think some bad luck and bad defense burned him early. He has tons of talent and will turn 29 this year, he's not old enough for there to be much concern, especially considering his electric off-speed stuff. It's not like we're talking about a one trick pony, he can still pitch the lights out even if he can't kill people up in the zone any more with heat when they know it's coming. It's an adjustment, he'll make it. Adding a couple SP options off the waiver wire will help. I just grabbed Detwiler the 5th starter for the Nats, he should help. I'm sure there's value on the wire.

Tommy Hanson is an underrated bounce back candidate, the injury bug could bite there though.
ks501
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thesticks23 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:46 pm

codyscherer wrote:12 team standard yahoo scoring. Let me know what you think and what holes I need to plug. This is a very active trading league And I drafted a lot of guys I am not attached to so no problem trading them. I will for sure return any response or info given. Just leave a link.

C - Doumit
1st - Fielder
2nd - Zobrist
ss - ian desmond
3rd - adrian beltre
OF - Austin jackson
of - Cuddyer
OF - Alex gordon
UT - Adam Laroche
Ut - Coco crisp
B - Rutledge
B - Youkillis
B - Kubel
DL - Corey Hart

SP - Cain
SP - Wainwright
RP - Nathan
RP - Romo
P - Lincecum
P - Robertson
P - League
B - Ryu
B - Hanson

Without knowing the rest of your league, i would say your team is pretty balanced.
in a 12 team standard roto league i look to get certain values at the end of the year.. i dont play H2H that much different except sometimes place a little higher value on counting stats. i will show how you are projected to lineup with no injures. These are the projections to give you the best overall chance to have a winning record each week.
Cat - you/need (% of what you have)
Runs - 776/777 (99.9%)
BA - .272/.275 (98.9%)
HR's - 191/198 (96.6%)
RBI's - 741/750 (98.9%)
SB's - 112/120 (93.1%)
Wins - 53/54 (99.1%)
Saves - 81/65 (124.1%)
ERA - 3.22/3.35 (103.5%)
WHIP - 1.18/1.18 (100%)
K's - 788/796 (99%)

Overall your entire team looks good. Now to me it says you might have too many saves, and if you can give up a little bit of saves to get help in another area without hurting ERA and WHIP then you are in very good shape. These predictions are based on a full season of no one getting hurt of course.

Good luck!
thesticks23
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team