I've never felt more confident - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I've never felt more confident

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I've never felt more confident

Postby Saltydog » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:23 pm

than I do with this team.

Of course it means I'll finish about 6th.

11 team 5x5 Weekly Mixed Roto League

C- Rosario, Santana
1B- Butler
2B- Beckham
SS- Aybar
3B- Gyorko (until Headley's back)
CI- I. Davis
MI- Segura
OF- C. Gonzalez, McCutchen, Holliday, Aoki, Ichiro
DH- Morales

P- Moore, Morrow, Niese, Lincecum, Miller, Bailey, Milone
RP- Kimbrel, Papelbon

BN- Bourjos, Headley, L. Martin, Fujikawa, Jimenez, W. Peralta, Porcello

Went heavy on OF (picked #10) with Cutch and CarGo as 1st and 2nd rounders (some pitching went very early).

Any glaring weaknesses?
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 142)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I've never felt more confident

Postby ks501 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:16 pm

I'm not a big fan of Headley even without a busted thumb. Morales in Safeco isn't going to be pretty. Other than that, beast job on offense. CarGo and Cutch will hopefully lead the way for you in a few categories. Holliday is super reliable. Billy Butler can rake and Ike Davis is going to be drafted a lot higher next season.

You had a good strategy in your draft. Hitters early, let pitchers come to you. Moore is a top tier pitcher waiting to happen. I'm ok with reaching for Morrow, not saying you did, but I'm not being shy about him this year. I think he's in for big things. He's maturing, added a split, is keeping the ball down and he's a Cy contender waiting to happen. He could wind up with a career trajectory like Schilling or Chris Carpenter. Early career bouncing around from pen to rotation and eventually takes off and becomes a top flight starter. I love him this season. Lincecum is a great value pick. Maintained his K-rate, had a much better FIP than ERA. Bad defense, bad luck and bad control last year. It's hard to be dominant for long stretches in a career as a pitcher because there's so much offseason maintenance and conditioning necessary to keep your mechanics together for 200 innings. His second half was good, especially if you open it up to the playoffs. More K's than innings pitched, ERA around 3.65 with a FIP in the 3.4's. I have a 100 dollar bet with a friend that Tim posts more than 199 K's, more than 13 wins and under a 3.80 ERA.

You probably had to over draft Kimbrel to get him and generally that's not worth it for a closer, but he's such a freak its hard to argue with, especially if he fell a little bit. I want to say you probably could have used that pick on an Allen Craig or a Starlin Castro or something, but whatever, your offense is fine and I think you have a few pitchers who will way out perform their ADP.

rate my team -- viewtopic.php?t=457079
ks501
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I've never felt more confident

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:39 pm

I like it. Very strong OF. There are a few ??'s in your pitching, but with good management I think you should finish in the top half of your league.

Thanks for the help
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team