Keeper Deal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper Deal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper Deal

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:25 pm

We keep 10, no restrictions. It's 12 teams, H2H.

The deal: I deal Bumgarner and Oscar Taveras for J. Upton.

My team:

C: Santana
1b: Pujols
2b: Cano
3b: Wright
SS: Reyes
LF: Cargo
CF: Jennings
RF: Pence
Util: K. Morales
BN: Aoki, Taveras

SP: Cain, Bumgarner, Greinke, Halladay, Johan, Marcum, Volquez, Wandy
RP: Nathan, Marmol, Freiri, Balfour

We have 5 SP slots so starters are thinner than most leagues. That said, someone viable always seems to be available each year.

Thoughts? Leave a link.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper Deal

Postby Styes » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 pm

ccept
Styes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LumberYardMT » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:21 pm

What about offering Pence and Bumgarner? Maybe he will bite on that if not I'd accept the original offer too.
LumberYardMT
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ayebatter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:10 am

Fair deal on both sides but I'd make the move for Upton. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby sinicalypse » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:57 am

nooooo i definitely wouldn't do that. you have desmond jennings and oscar taveras sitting there who could potentially be five-tool-uptonesque players, and your SP depth isn't deep enough to lose a pitcher of the caliber of madison bumgarner, who i dont think we've seen the best of yet.

yeah you've got cain, but i think greinke is overrated, halladay is old with lower velocity, johan santana is old/injured, marcum is overrated, volquez's best days are longer and logner past him, and if he's on wandy t is just about the last SP on a solid team's staff, not a championship winning team. i'd sooner move pence like somebody upthread said.... while upton's prolly likely to have a stats increase and indeed if that's hte case this might be the the last chance to get him at a discount, still, i'd hedge my bets on desmond jennings and oscar taveras developing into players who could give you production that would make up for the production "lost" by not acquiring upton, but with bumgarner you're losing your solidly-entrenched #2 pitcher who has upside that might even go beyond cain's, and with bummy moved you're counting on two guys in halladay and johan to step up and reclaim past glory to cement their #2 position on your staff, and given that father time is an unforgiving sonovabitch i definitely wouldn't do that. i have to disclaim that i'm a bumgarner guy and i have him in a bunch of leagues, most notably my superdeep 20 team 15-keeper league, which means i invested an early/ish draft pick in him in 2011 to make sure i had him for 2012-2013 and beyond and thus far it's worked out well. he's got nasty stuff and he's lefty and he's only 23. don't give up on that and a nice lottery ticket to get upton at a low price.... while it's tempting considering this might be the last chance to get him @ a song.... given your specific situation i wouldn't wanna risk crippling my pitching in order to further stack a lineup that'll do fine with or without him, especially when you're sitting on taveras for the future and desmond jennings coulkd go 20/20 and have most of the value that you'd get from upton. granted you'd have them both, still, your team isn't stacked enough @ SP to give up bumgarner and not be pretty severely hurt by doing so

take a look @ my thread, would ye?!!? viewtopic.php?t=457100
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:05 am

In a keeper league, you always play for now. I 100 % do this deal.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ayebatter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:11 am

I'll put it this way in a 10 team h2h league with short rosters you're not winning with Jennings & Pence in your outfield and your starters are not strong enough even with Bumgarner but your offense will have a chance to keep you in play with Upton even of you don't have Bumgarner.

Make the deal. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:27 am

What? His roster is fantastic.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36