Keeper League: Cano for Pedroia and 1st round pick next year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper League: Cano for Pedroia and 1st round pick next year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League: Cano for Pedroia and 1st round pick next year

Postby maj0819 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:19 pm

I am in a keeper league and have been offered Pedroia and a 2014 1st Rd pick for my Cano. I would be able to keep Cano this year and next year. If not I could try to swap his Aramis Ramirez for my Moustakas. Or his Edwin Encarnacion for my Butler (not sure he would go for this one).
maj0819
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper League: Cano for Pedroia and 1st round pick next

Postby Davesworld23 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:17 am

Sounds like a good deal for me but you should ask for E.E. for Butler & 3RD pick at the same time. Which is right about where E.E. goes
Davesworld23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sinicalypse » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:28 am

erghhhh i hate keeper limits, i mean, i guess i get that people want players to eventually percolate throughout the system and people fear the whole dynasty-building-business, but that's why i like keepers.... especially if you get into a ~10+ keeper league you can go and have a three year plan to develop the core of a team and when you invested a pick in the 2011 draft on strasburg and sold off your best players for waiver $$$ to get trout it's nice to see things come to fruition.

i would do it because potential suspension notwithstanding for cano (as in i'm not factoring in that possible suspension cano obviously provides proper first-round-ish production at a scarse position, i think the grindy pedroia has left a bunch of his body on the field and his stats are starting to decline from his improbable mvp year, and if you consider adding cano the equivalent of a first round pick, as long as you plan to properly contend this year / next it's worth it. if you think your team is gonna have a tough go of properly contending and keepers have a ~3-5 year window and a first round pick next year can get you a foundational piece for the next 3-5 years, then i'd look 4th dimensionally and do that instead of this trade,

so yeah, if you wanna make a run at the league this year / next and mortgage your future to do so, then give it a shot, seeing as pedroia to cano is an upgrade at the cost of that first round pick. your opponent is probably leery of the suspension and with the keeper window closing i reckon he wants to try and set himself up for the future, so it's inherent on you to decide if you wanna play for now at the behest of tomorrow or play for tomorrow at the behest of now. that's about the best way i can see it.

take a look @ my thread, would ye!?! viewtopic.php?f=26&t=457100
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:10 am

Without knowing how many keepers you keep, or who could potentially be available, there's no way to answer this. If you tell me you only have 4 keepers, I probably wouldn't do this if Pedroia isn't one of those 4. If you tell me you keep 10, then I'd entertain the idea.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 am

Well whats the rest of your team? I mean what 1st round pick would you get?
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2068)

Postby maj0819 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:46 pm

So I will try to answer a couple of questions. I can keep 2 hitters every year. My two this year were McCutchen and Cano. You can keep a guy for 3 years and I have this year and next year left on both Cano and McCutchen.

Offer as it stands now: I give up Cano and Keppinger and get Pedroia, Aramis Ramirez and 2nd Round pick next year.

The rest of my team:

C Lucroy
1B Butler
2B Cano
SS Jimmy Rollins
3B Moustakas
LF Desmond Jennings
CF McCutchen
RF Jay Bruce
Bench Keppinger
Bench Shane Victorino
maj0819
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahcryky » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Do you get a Utility spot or extra infield spot? Otherwise you either have Ramirez or Moustakas on your bench. Since you have Cano for another two years, I would rather have Cano.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=457174
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby maj0819 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:56 pm

No utility or DH. I would try for Cano and Moustakas for Pedroia, Aramis Ramirez and 1st Rd. pick next year. Would you do that?

Option #2 would be Cano and Billy Butler for Pedroia and Edwind Encarnacion and maybe some draft pick?
maj0819
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Davesworld23 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 pm

I think you gotta keep what ur got. Pedroia & EE & a 1st for Butler & Cano are your best bet. Pedroia touches every category, but does NOT dominate 1. Cano dominates every category. Keep him or charge a lot for him!
Davesworld23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions