Rate my team, where should I improve? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team, where should I improve? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team, where should I improve? WHIR

Postby majawi85 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:57 pm

This is a 10 team 5x5 Roto auction league. I feel okay about this team, but that comes with mixed feelings. I'm not crazy about my pitching staff, pitcher values were ridiculously high, in retrospect I wish I grabbed an elite pitcher since the mid tier (top 20-40) were going higher than necessary. Let me know your thoughts, and where I should improve.

C - Joe Mauer
1B - Eric Hosmer
2B - Jose Altuve
3B - Miguel Cabrera
SS - Asdrubal Cabera
2B/SS - Neil Walker
1B/3B - Adam LaRoche
OF - Jose Bautista
OF - Desmond Jennings
OF - Alex Gordon
OF - Angel Pagan
OF - Ben Revere
Util - Kendry Morales
Bench - Kyle Seager, Oscar Taveras, Starling Marte

P - RA Dickey ($1 keeper that I had, should I look to trade? If so, who should I target?)
P - Jordan Zimmermann
P - Brandon Morrow
P - Wade Miley
P - Matt Harvey
P - Alex Cobb
P - Rafael Soriano
P - Jason Grilli
P - Steve Cishek
Bench - Dylan Bundy, Josh Beckett, Paul Maholm

Some notable players on the WW:
Hitters: Brandon Belt, Justin Ruggiano, Brandon Moss, Jackie Bradley Jr., Zack Cozart, Matt Carpenter, Aaron Hicks, Denard Span
Pitchers: Mitchel Boggs, Hishashi Iwakuma, Gerrit Cole, Joaquin Benoit, Wei-Yin Chen, Frank Francisco, Mike Fiers, Jason Vargas, James McDonald
majawi85
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team, where should I improve? WHIR

Postby majawi85 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:22 am

Bump, anyone?
majawi85
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby codyscherer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 am

I think your staff will need help especially with this only being a 10 team league. I think you balanced your offence beautifully. You have enough speed mixed with enough power. And you have a couple possible average killers mixed with mauer and cabrera. Well done. I would pick up boggs if possible. You will be light on saves for sure since this is a 10 man league. Boggs might only be closing for 3 weeks, but he could be there for 2 months if motte has a setback. Closers coming back from injury have lasted half a season at times. And boggs gets enough K's and doesnt kill era and whip. I would get him. I just dont think Dickey can come close to repeating last years stats. ANd morrow can be great, but his K per 9 has been going down last couple years and mix that with his horrible sping training and it makes your staff a little weak. You should be ok in K;'s though. I would look to trade dickey and make sure they know he is a 1.00 keeper. Maybe trade him and Miley for someone on par with Dickey and a lincecum or haren.

Please rate and help.
viewtopic.php?t=457116
codyscherer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DutchySox » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:47 am

First thing I notice is the lack of power in your offense. Between Mauer, Altuve, 2012 Asdrubel, Walker, Jennings, Gordon, Pagan and Revere, you lack some serious HR power. Now, I like Hosmer for a bounce back year, Miggy is great, Kendry could be fine, and for corner infield you can do worse than LaRoche, so I Iike those picks. Your bench seems thin, but Marte is gonna be fantastic this year (mark my words, haha).

Your pitching looks alright, and I would keep Dickey unless you're offered the moon. I like Cobb and Harvey as low-profile sleepers, and the rest should be steady enough to help you out. Dylan Bundy: U don't know why you're stashing him, but if yo have the room go ahead.

Off the wire: You should definitely pick up Matt Carpenter as a more powerful insurance policy for your infield and outfield (guy can play everywhere, incl. 2B). I would also rather have Iwakuma than Maholm, or Boggs than Cishek (right now). Ruggiano could be a sneaky play too, maybe in place of Seager (though the infield eligibility for the latter is good enough to consider keeping him).
DutchySox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team