Rate my team [WHIR] - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team [WHIR]

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team [WHIR]

Postby Swept Away » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 am

Hi all, please take a look at my team and tell me what you think. I'm worried about my hitting-- I think I'm going to need more home runs and more steals. Grandy is going to be out for a few months and Werth and Quentin are both question marks, so I could use some OF help too. I think my pitching is strong and I have two good catchers, so I may be able to pull a trade. Note that we replaced Saves with SOLDS (Saves + Holds), so there are lots of relievers available and I didn't spend more than $5 on any of them.

Leave a link and I'll be happy to help with yours.

12-team, 5 x 5 roto league with auction draft and 4 keepers. Saves + Holds has replaced the Saves category.

C Yadier Molina, StL C
C Miguel Montero, Ari C
1B Allen Craig, StL 1B, OF (Keeper)
2B Marco Scutaro, SF 2B, SS
3B Manny Machado, Bal 3B (Keeper)
SS Jose Reyes, Tor SS
2B/SS Alcides Escobar, KC SS
1B/3B David Freese, StL 3B
OF Giancarlo Stanton, Mia OF (Keeper)
OF Curtis Granderson, NYY OF
OF Hunter Pence, SF OF
OF Jayson Werth, Wsh OF
OF Jason Kubel, Ari OF
UTIL Brandon Moss, Oak 1B, OF

Bench Josh Rutledge, Col SS
Bench Carlos Quentin, SD OF
Bench Dee Gordon, LAD SS

P Chris Sale, CWS SP (Keeper)
P CC Sabathia, NYY SP
P Jered Weaver, LAA SP
P John Axford, Mil RP
P Jon Lester, Bos SP
P Rafael Soriano, Wsh RP
P Doug Fister, Det SP
P Jim Johnson, Bal RP
P Jared Burton, Min RP

Bench Clay Buchholz, Bos SP
Bench Mike Fiers, Mil SP
Swept Away
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team [WHIR]

Postby pcm4 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Thanks for the help with mine. I agree that your staff looks strong. If I thought your offense was missing anything it would probably be power. Stanton is imo a lock to lead the league in HR. My only concern is that you are counting on a lot of guys (Freese, Granderson, Werth, Quentin) who have had or have injury issues. In addition I'm not sure if Kubel gives you 30 HR again and Pence really struggled offensively in SF last season. I really like Rutledge this season and I think eventually you will move Escobar to 2B and Rutledge to the MI spot (I am not a huge fan of Scutaro).

Given your depth at SS I would probably drop Gordon if there was a guy with potential upside in the power department that went undrafted. Gordon is too much of a liability in every other category imo to be worth rostering at this point.
pcm4
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Spirit29 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks for the help with mine!

I too think you are decent overall, but your OF really needs help. As a Yankee fan I am not looking forward to 200 more K's from Granderson. Stanton has the potential to be 35+ HRs, but then again he will quite literally have to carry the Marlins this year, so that will almost certainly have an effect on his psyche. Werth and Pence are both oddball players for their teams, and I don't put much stock in either this year.

See if you can flip a combo of Fister and Rutledge for an OF, or dig through the waivers. I think you can sacrifice a bit of avg for power on waivers if its there.
Spirit29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby roto360 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:09 pm

Besides Stanton I think you need some power. Maybe Chris Carter could help. Your staff looks ok. Id look to pick up some pitching and power.
roto360
T-Ball Trainer

Postby jsally430 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:24 pm

You have one of the most under rated catchers in fantasy baseball in monetero. You have some wild cards on your team though.
Hopefully lester and axeford figure it out and have bounce back years.
I don't know how much i trust Pence and werth. I would lean towards Trusting pence a little more but not much. Its been three years since werth has been a great fantasy producer. Also hopefully the twins starters can keep the game close enough for Burton to get some holds.

Please help me with my team if you can thanks!
viewtopic.php?t=456926
jsally430
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Swept Away » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Bump. We had our first day of free agent bidding today. I put Freese on the DL, released Gordon, and added Mark Reynolds and Ryan Ludwick.
Swept Away
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team