Rate My Team Please (As Always, WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My Team Please (As Always, WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My Team Please (As Always, WHIR)

Postby Choptoberfest » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:27 pm

10 Team, 5x5 H2H, 2nd Pick

C: Mike Napoli
1B: Ike Davis
2B: Aaron Hill
3B : Evan Longoria
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Ryan Braun
OF: Jason Heyward
OF: Mark Trumbo
UTIL: Nelson Cruz
UTIL: Carl Crawford
Bench: Rickie Weeks
Bench: Todd Fraizer
Bench: Corey Hart
Bench: Brandon Moss

SP: Adam Wainwright
SP: Zack Greinke
P: Jordan Zimmerman
P: Matt Moore
P: Josh Johnson
P: Marco Estrada
RP: Huston Street
RP: Grant Balfour
Bench: Julio Teheran

Trout went first overall. So then it was down to Miggy and Braun, took Braun with the speed. I think I may have waited too long to grab a 1B and wound up with Ike. I also thought I may have taken Castro too early (4th). I also think I waited too long to draft a stud pitcher (5th). Hopefully Greinke can adjust to LAD and Johnson can recapture his Florida glory days and stay healthy.

What do you think?
Choptoberfest
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate My Team Please (As Always, WHIR)

Postby Buttermilk Pancake » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 pm

I agree about your 1B situation, but with Hill/Longoria/Castro/Braun/Heyward you're not looking too bad in batting.

I don't love Johnson this year but Teheran has looked pretty good this spring and I like the rest of your staff.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=456987
Buttermilk Pancake Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Spirit29 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:52 pm

I think your hitting is pretty solid, as long as no one goes off a cliff you should be able to carry Davis and he will give 23-ish HRs anyway. Your pitching is what worries me - Im not as high on Greinke and JJ as others might be. Try to flip Frazier and JJ for a #2 pitcher.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=456991
Spirit29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby luso26 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:07 am

The hitting looks great, a couple question marks around a few players but other than that its solid. I understand why you feel you took Castro early, I would feel the same. I like Longoria this year, I think this is the year he'll stay healthy and really break out. Hill let's hope he's legit and not every other year kind of guy. Heyward looks poised for a monster season. While Ike is not the ideal 1B, he's still gonna knock in those homers for you. Cruz is another guy that should contribute to the nice power lineup you've got going on. Although looks like Castro was taken a little high, you're gonna need him for the SBs.

The pitching staff looks good to me. However, I am not inlove with your top two. Waino I am relatively OK with he seems to be past the injury and should be good for wins and nice ratios. But Greinke could be a high reward kind of guy or end up being terrible with his elbow issues. The rest of the pitching staff looks promising though. I am OK with JJ as well. That division isn't quite as scary as it once was. The team JJ is playing for has the best hitting lineup in my eyes. He should be OK.

Overall, I think you've done well enough where you can expect to compete to win.
luso26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:34 am

I think it looks good. I like your batting more than your pitching, but I'd peg you as a playoff team without seeing the other rosters.

Look at mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=456963
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wyld stallions » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:38 am

I like your team, very tough call between Cabrera and Braun. I have some concerns that can easily be filled by the wire throughout the season. I am not a big fan of Napoli but he is only a year out from the top spot. 1st base is still a deep position and you will be able to find someone if Ike doesn't do will. I think he will be average. I am also not a big fan of Crawford and think he will not finish the year as a starter.

I like the Hill, Longoria, Castro, Braun, Heyward combo. I also think Cruz is going to have a great year. Your pitching is solid but I would try and trade Johnson. I do not think he will fair very well in the AL.

please help me: viewtopic.php?t=457014
wyld stallions
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jbird669 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:27 am

Not a fan of your staff. JJ gets hurt just by moving. Maybe when your bats take off, you can trade for for arms.

Help me? viewtopic.php?t=457024
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team