10 Team H2H -- How did I do / How do I improve? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 Team H2H -- How did I do / How do I improve?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 Team H2H -- How did I do / How do I improve?

Postby Buttermilk Pancake » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi all,

10-Team Weekly H2H league, standard 5x5 plus OBP & QS. How did I do, and how should I improve? I feel like I'm good on speed but could use more HR and AVG/OBP. I would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you!!

C - Salvador Perez
1B -Joey Votto
2B - Ben Zobrist
3B - David Wright
SS - Jimmy Rollins
OF - Jason Heyward
OF - Michael Bourn
OF - Carlos Gomez
UTIL - Norichika Aoki
UTIL - Will Middlebrooks
Bench - Mike Moustakas
Bench - Josh Rutledge

SP - Justin Verlander
SP - Madison Bumgarner
SP - Mat Latos
SP - Jonathon Niese
SP - Jeff Samardzija
RP - Fernando Rodney
RP - Jason Grilli
Bench - Jason Hammel
Bench - Edwin Jackson
Bench - Hisashi Iwakuma
Buttermilk Pancake Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 Team H2H -- How did I do / How do I improve?

Postby luso26 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Think you could definitely use some more power. With the exception of Votto & Heyward, power seems a little weak. You look very well off on SBs & and AVG should be good too. You might need a little help with your RBIs too tho in addition to the power. Maybe try packaging Latos & Bourn [or another OF] for a power hitter + a pitcher with a little bit of lower value than Latos. Pitching staff looks good though. Good job overall!
luso26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Choptoberfest » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Like your pitching staff, I think Samardzija is poised for a big year. I think Zobrist is underrated as a fantasy player. I'm not a fan of Rollins. He's getting up there in years and is an injury risk.

I agree you could probably use some more power. Votto and Heyward are going to hit for power, and Wright is the biggest offensive threat the Mets have. If you think you are good with speed, maybe try moving Bourn. I don't think he's going to do you any favors with his AVG or OBP, judging by his second half collapse last season, and people love his speed on the basepaths.
Choptoberfest
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lips » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 am

Thanks for help on mine. My outfield is stacked because of keepers. Last year I traded hosmer and greinke for McCutchen. Drafted kemp two years ago, was fourth pick in draft this year and got Cargo. Players have to go back in draft at longest after three years. Trades don't restart that clock. I also traded my 2nd and 3rd round picks this year for Reyes and butler. I just need a 3B.

Your team:
If Carlos Gomez matches last year or even close, and wright recovers quickly from his intercostal, you're in great shape. In h2h, you need to win 7 of 12 categories every week. Your hr and RBI will be a 50/50 deal, you should go 5/6 or 6/6 in pitching regularly (of course a bad week here or there, a week when opponent has a bunch more 2timers than you, but 85%of the time you should win 5or 6 pitching categories. Even on a week that you win 4 pitching categories, you only need 3hitting (runs, sb, and avg/obp). You should win most weeks.

Not a fan of your hitting bench. Moustakas hasn't given me a reason to believe he can contribute much. And Rutledge is overrated right now. He is not going to live up to some of the hype he has received.
Lips
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team