Help With Draft Strategy Please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help With Draft Strategy Please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help With Draft Strategy Please

Postby ConorNewCafe » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:01 pm

10 team 6x6 head to head categories. OPS and HR ALLOWED extra categories. We get 4 keepers and you get them in the same round you drafted them the year before. Plus 1 Round for each year kept.
Jose Bautista - 4th Round
Jason Heyward - 6th Round
Giancarlo Stanton - 7th Round
Paul Goldschmidt - 12th Round

We start only 3 OF so I've filled that already. Only 4 of us have picks in the first and these are the players that will be available to me. McCutchen, CarGo, Longoria, Wright, Reyes, Felix, Pedroia. Trust me these are the only players worth a darn to take in the first. What would you do if you were me? Take best player available Cutch or CarGo? Or start to fill my infield going the direction of Longoria Reyes etc...? Thanks Guys!
ConorNewCafe
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help With Draft Strategy Please

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Cargo
Cutch
Pedroia

Are my top three by a decent margin. Sucks to take an OF when you already have three, but I can't imagine passing on Cargo here.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 454)

Postby ConorNewCafe » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:08 pm

I know! Ahhhhh. I've been leaning Longoria just cause 3B is now so depleted and I think he puts together a great season this year. CarGo has been on my team the last 2 years and in a head to head category league he can be extremely frustrating sometimes. I hate to have a snotty infield as well. Hmmm this is so tough.
ConorNewCafe
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:17 pm

ConorNewCafe wrote:I know! Ahhhhh. I've been leaning Longoria just cause 3B is now so depleted and I think he puts together a great season this year. CarGo has been on my team the last 2 years and in a head to head category league he can be extremely frustrating sometimes. I hate to have a snotty infield as well. Hmmm this is so tough.

If you were gonna go with an infielder I'd go with Pedroia I think. I'm not a big fan of Longoria, even when he's healthy I'm not sure he's a first rounder.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 454)

Postby misterf » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:21 pm

thanks for help on mine:

I think Cutch and CarGo are MUCH better than the rest of the options. I think you have to grab one of them if you can. You just can't leave that much value on the table. And I assume you have a utility spot(s)? And at some point you should be able to work a trade of a beast outfielder for a beast corner infielder if necessary.

For the record, I actually have Cutch ranked just barely ahead of CarGo....but it's darned close and you couldn't go wrong either way.

If those two guys are gone (you don't say where you draft among the 4 guys in the 1st round) then the next best options are Longoria or Pedroia. Whichever you prefer.....I have them ranked about equal.

Wright has a back issue......age is a concern for Reyes....and while Felix is still solid, his numbers have been slowly trending down.....I just feel like it would be a bit of a reach for him here....i probably rank Felix 5th on this list.
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 67)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions