Major 9-Team Keeper League Problem - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Major 9-Team Keeper League Problem

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Major 9-Team Keeper League Problem

Postby chillbro » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:07 am

Okay so I am not the league manager, but i might as well be. So heres the problem- The commissioner of our league was originally going to have him, myself, and 6 other people we know in our league for an 8-man h2h keeper league. Then, for some reason he adds another person we know (im assuming this person asked). Now there are 9 teams, and its a head to head league. This means we each would have 3 bye weeks and our divisons are uneven. Now this would normally be fixable if it weren't for the fact that we already drafted our teams. Our league is now group texting, some of which want to add/kick a team and redraft (it is a keeper league, remember) and some want to stay like it is. But being a keeper league this would grow annoying after some years. Also, we have already placed money down for the season. Can anyone suggest a solution to this? We could kick a team and let the players go to waivers but lots of people would likely get mad about the waiver order, etc. Need help ASAP, will help in return. ;-D
chillbro
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Major 9-Team Keeper League Problem

Postby jefferey13 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:12 pm

So you guys went ahead with the draft with 9 people and decided to get upset after? That's what I don't understand, why did you even draft then? Anyways, it seems to me you just need to have the bye weeks now because that is how you all drafted.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Major 9-Team Keeper League Problem

Postby pvhawkeye » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:02 am

I'm just starting a dynasty/keeper league of my own. I think the main thing I've learned from reading all of the tip/help material in being the commish of a keeper league is expect owners to drop out. So in this case, it's okay to have 9 owners and use bye weeks. Eventually (probably 5 years at most) someone will grow disinterested or (judging by your league's split decision nature) there could be a dispute that would cause one or more owners to leave anyways. Please help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=456762

EDIT: having bye weeks can actually save the league, as it gives owners a breather during a very long fantasy season.
pvhawkeye
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Commissioner's Corner