Drafting RD 21...Last Bench Spot? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drafting RD 21...Last Bench Spot? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drafting RD 21...Last Bench Spot? WHIR

Postby millerpark » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:05 am

Hello all!
I'm doing an 16 team H2H points draft by e-mail and was wondering if I should fill my last bench spot or go with some pitching?
I know my pictching sucks but after draft is over I'm going to try and do some trades.

Scoring
Batting
Singles (1B) 1 Doubles (2B) 2
Triples (3B) 3 Home Runs (HR) 4
Walks (BB) 1 Runs Scored (R) 1.5
Runs Batted In (RBI) 1.5 Stolen Bases (SB) 2.5
Strikeouts (K) -1 Sacrifices (SAC) 1
Caught Stealing (CS) -1 Outfield Assists (OFAST) 3
Double Plays Turned (DPT) 1

Some avaiable players:
Mitch Moreland 1B TEX
Lonnie Chisenhall 3B CLE
Anthony Gose OF TOR
Tyler Flowers C CWS
David DeJesus RF/LF CHC
Drew Stubbs OF CLe
Rob Brantly, C MIA
Jordany Valdespin, LF NYM
Denard Span, CF WAS
Collin Cowgill, LF NYM
Jose Tabata, RF/LF PIT
Jerry Hairston Jr., LAD 3B, 2B

Pitching
Innings Pitched (IP) 3 Earned Runs (ER) -2
Wins (W) 7 Losses (L) -2.5
Saves (SV) 5 Blown Saves (BS) -1.5
Strikeouts (K) 1 Hits Allowed (H) -1
Walks Issued (BB) -1 Home Runs Allowed (HR) -1
Holds (HD) 3 Quality Starts (QS) 5

Vance Worley SP MIN
Carter Capps RP SEA
Tom Layne RP SD
Zach McCallister SP CLE
Joe Kelly SP STL
Brandon Maurer SP SEA
Jose Quintana SP CWS
Jeff Francis SP COL
Matt Thorton RP CWS
Chris Narveson SP MIL
Jim Henderson RP MIL
Samuel Deduno, Min SP
Jorge De La Rosa, Col SP
Junichi Tazawa, Bos RP
Travis Wood, SP CHC
Sean Doolittle, Oak RP
Stephen Pryor, Sea RP
Francisco Rodriguez, FA RP
Scott Downs, LAA RP
James Russell, RP CHC

My Team:
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Bos C
1B Matt Carpenter, StL 1B, 3B, RF
2B Rickie Weeks, Mil 2B
3B Adrian Beltre, Tex 3B, DH
SS Jose Reyes, Tor SS
LF Mike Trout, LAA CF, LF
CF B.J. Upton, Atl CF
RF Carlos Beltran, StL RF DTD
UTIL Melky Cabrera, Tor LF
Bench Mark Teixeira, NYY 1B DTD
Bench Donovan Solano, Mia 2B
Bench Justin Smoak 1B SEA
Bench Chris Carter 1B/LF
Bench -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
DL -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
DL

P -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
P -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
SP Yovani Gallardo, Mil SP
SP Marco Estrada, Mil SP
SP Matt Garza, ChC SP DTD
SP Ryan Dempster, Bos SP
SP Erasmo Ramirez, Sea SP, RP
RP J.J. Putz, Ari RP
RP Fernando Rodney, TB RP
RP John Axford, Mil RP
RP
millerpark
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drafting RD 21...Last Bench Spot? WHIR

Postby millerpark » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:50 am

i'm thinking what the hell i already got a one-third of the brewers pitchers so why not go with chris narveson?
millerpark
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:29 am

dude, grab lonnie chisenhall and run with it. he's young and he's got upside.... not to mention he's mashing in spring training. if he came out and got ~500 at bats with 20+ HR nobody would be surprised since he's got a proper pedigree for that type of output.

if chisenhall isn't there i'd stay with the indians and take a flier on drew stubbs.... if he hit .275+ with his tools he's got a chance at 20/30 or maybe even 30/30 if he realized his full potential. he was once "the guy" type prospect in cinci but the whole thing failed and with him batting leadoff in front of a potent lineup on a perennially division winning team the pressure got to him. hitting 6th-8th in cleveland or whatever will surely lessen the pressure and i think he's got a chance to return to form.

chisenhall and stubbs are definitely the two guys there who stand out to me. if you need/want a chance at production now i'd go with stubbs, as he's ~30% owned in yahoo leagues and if he gets off to any sort of hot start that'll jump to ~50-60% real quick. lonnie chisenhall isn't going to have that type of situation unless he puts up ~2 months of !!! stats... so if you wanna get a guy to potentially contribute to making a run at the title this year then do the lottery ticket with stubbs... if you wanna add an asset that you're ~60-75% likely to sit on for the most part but has a higher ceiling going forward, it's chisenhall. if he establishes himself as a ~25-30hr type bat and lives up to his pedigree, that makes the aging adrian beltre expendable via trade and at this point you'll still be able to get a bounty for him. deep down somewhere i still expect beltre to have an oldschool typical-paid-beltre season of like ~.276/18/78 which would absolutely neuter his trade value given his age..... so yeah, if you wanna grab someone to be an asset going forward who very well could be your 3Bman of the future and potentially an anchor in your lineup within ~3 years, then chisenhall is the way to go.

it depends if you wanna hedge any bets on chisenhall to try and have that drew stubbs lottery ticket, cuz he's already had the kind of output/success you'd want, it's just a matter of him getting back to that place. in a deep ~20 team ~30 roster spot ~15 keeper 15x15 H2H league stubbs was one of my foundational keepers in 2011 and people were up in arms when i dumped him off for waiver cash during the season (i was running ~10th and most ppl were like OMFG YOUR TEAM COULD MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS WHAT ARE YOU DOING DUMPING OFF YOUR BEST HITTERS IN NEIL WALKER AND DREW STUBBS?)

i was getting cash cuz mike trout was getting called up. that worked out well =D

take a look @ my thread, would ye? viewtopic.php?t=456750
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby millerpark » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:33 am

thanks for the feed back
i too had chisenhall on my radar who will be the starting 3b for the tribe but you dont hear much talk about him!
millerpark
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KSChris » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 am

I'm a tribe fan from Cleveland, and I'm not as high on Chisenhall anymore, but I would go with him out of the options listed.
KSChris
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Re: Re: Drafting RD 21...Last Bench Spot? WHIR

Postby KSChris » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:41 am

sinicalypse wrote:dude, grab lonnie chisenhall and run with it. he's young and he's got upside.... not to mention he's mashing in spring training. if he came out and got ~500 at bats with 20+ HR nobody would be surprised since he's got a proper pedigree for that type of output.

if chisenhall isn't there i'd stay with the indians and take a flier on drew stubbs.... if he hit .275+ with his tools he's got a chance at 20/30 or maybe even 30/30 if he realized his full potential. he was once "the guy" type prospect in cinci but the whole thing failed and with him batting leadoff in front of a potent lineup on a perennially division winning team the pressure got to him. hitting 6th-8th in cleveland or whatever will surely lessen the pressure and i think he's got a chance to return to form.

chisenhall and stubbs are definitely the two guys there who stand out to me. if you need/want a chance at production now i'd go with stubbs, as he's ~30% owned in yahoo leagues and if he gets off to any sort of hot start that'll jump to ~50-60% real quick. lonnie chisenhall isn't going to have that type of situation unless he puts up ~2 months of !!! stats... so if you wanna get a guy to potentially contribute to making a run at the title this year then do the lottery ticket with stubbs... if you wanna add an asset that you're ~60-75% likely to sit on for the most part but has a higher ceiling going forward, it's chisenhall. if he establishes himself as a ~25-30hr type bat and lives up to his pedigree, that makes the aging adrian beltre expendable via trade and at this point you'll still be able to get a bounty for him. deep down somewhere i still expect beltre to have an oldschool typical-paid-beltre season of like ~.276/18/78 which would absolutely neuter his trade value given his age..... so yeah, if you wanna grab someone to be an asset going forward who very well could be your 3Bman of the future and potentially an anchor in your lineup within ~3 years, then chisenhall is the way to go.

it depends if you wanna hedge any bets on chisenhall to try and have that drew stubbs lottery ticket, cuz he's already had the kind of output/success you'd want, it's just a matter of him getting back to that place. in a deep ~20 team ~30 roster spot ~15 keeper 15x15 H2H league stubbs was one of my foundational keepers in 2011 and people were up in arms when i dumped him off for waiver cash during the season (i was running ~10th and most ppl were like OMFG YOUR TEAM COULD MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS WHAT ARE YOU DOING DUMPING OFF YOUR BEST HITTERS IN NEIL WALKER AND DREW STUBBS?)

i was getting cash cuz mike trout was getting called up. that worked out well =D

take a look @ my thread, would ye? viewtopic.php?t=456750

I think projecting Stubbs to hit anywhere near that is extremely generous.

If he breaks .240, I'll be surprised.

Theres also going to be a matter of AB's, because I'm sure Francona will mess with the team throughout the year. That means Swisher may shift from DH to RF sporadically. Especially because Carlos Santana can't handle being full time catcher and will probably share with Lou Marson, which means he will DH when not catching, pushing Stubbs out of the lineup.
KSChris
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby millerpark » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Ok I'm still like 6 picks away and undecided.
I'm going to go with offense in RD 22 but who??
Mitch Moreland 1B TEX
Lonnie Chisenhall 3B CLE
Anthony Gose OF TOR
Tyler Flowers C CWS
David DeJesus RF/LF CHC
Rob Brantly, C MIA
Jordany Valdespin, LF NYM
Denard Span, CF WAS
Collin Cowgill, LF NYM
Jose Tabata, RF/LF PIT
Jerry Hairston Jr., LAD 3B, 2B

RD 23 coming back to me I want to grab a pitcher but who??
Jose Quintana SP CWS
Jeff Francis SP COL
Matt Thorton RP CWS
Chris Narveson SP MIL
Jim Henderson RP MIL
Samuel Deduno, Min SP
Jorge De La Rosa, Col SP
Junichi Tazawa, Bos RP
Travis Wood, SP CHC
Sean Doolittle, Oak RP
Stephen Pryor, Sea RP
Francisco Rodriguez, FA RP
Scott Downs, LAA RP
James Russell, RP CHC
Jacob Turner SP MIA
Ricky Nolasco SP MIA
Drew Smyly SP DET

I need 1 RP and 1 or 2 SP or 3 RP's
Can only have 7 Starting Pitchers on roster.

Leave a link and I will be glad to help you!
millerpark
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions