DYNASTY BASEBALL KINGS - FIRST YEAR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

DYNASTY BASEBALL KINGS - FIRST YEAR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DYNASTY BASEBALL KINGS - FIRST YEAR!

Postby DYNASTYBASEBALLKINGS » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:43 pm

Whats up Fantasy Cafe - I have been a lurker for a couple years now, and with the launch of my new Dynasty Baseball League and Website - DYNASTYBASEBALLKINGS - com I plan to participate quite a bit more moving forward. As you can see, the site is not up on the domain, but we should have something going by the beginning of the season.

I have since moved servers but you don't really care about all that. The league is going to have a public facing website, and I have big plans for it, so throughout the year, I will be making improvements. All league members will have access to post topics and articles, and if you have a site of your own, great, you are more than welcome to advertise it. We will certainly be repping the Fantasy Cafe.

I am really hoping to create something special here, a great Dynasty League, with an awesome public facing website and public message board. I have a great core of 8 players lined up, 8 competitive players, and I am needing 4 more. This is a dynasty league, and while there will be no entry fee in the first year, I am putting up $250 of my own cash to the winner. It is my goal to get this website up and running to the point where I can get a sponsor to cover it. In following years, there will be an entry fee, think $50 in the first year, and growing as the league matures. In time, and with the active participation from our league members, I am hoping that I can generate a good amount of sponsorship dollars from the ever-developing website - ALL MONEY RAISED WILL BE ADDED TO THE PRIZE POOL!!

Our league mates are currently all from the Chicago area, closer to 30 than 20, and a great group of guys. Players from all over are welcome, and we are looking for 4 who want to play competitively in one of the best dynasty leagues around.

Here are the settings:

26 Man Rosters, Auction Draft, $260 Salary Cap, $150 FAAB

Offense: C,C,1B,2B,3B,SS,CI,MI,OF,OF,OF,UTIL,UTIL Pitching: SP,SP,SP,SP,SP,RP,RP,RP,P,P 3 Bench spots, 5DL spots
Offense Cats: R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG. Pitching Cats: IP, W, L, K, SV, ERA, WHIP

Here are the Keeper Rules we are playing with as of now:

PLAYERS: Teams can keep up to 5 players from the previous years roster.

KEEPER CONTRACTS: Teams can sign players to 1-year deals, for Year One: +4, Year Two: +6, Year Three: +8

or

You can sign a player to a 3-Year Deal upfront for +10 in the contract year, player is kept in Years 2 and 3 for original contract price.

Players can be kept under contract for a maximum of 3 continuous years. After 3 years under contract, player must be released to Free Agency, unless player is designated a Franchise Player.

FRANCHISE PLAYER: Each team can designate one player as a Franchise Player, this player can be kept longer than 3 years. If you have a Franchise Player under contract, you can't change your Franchise Player designation until this player is no longer under contract or traded.

I have every intention of making this a great league. I could add 4 more friends who won't be competitive, but I'd rather have you. I am looking for 4 great managers who are looking to sign on for something special. The league is at Yahoo, and once again there is no entry in Year 1.

If you have interest, reply here. If you have a Yahoo account, Id love to see your trophies!

Brad Miller - Dynasty Baseball Kings
DYNASTYBASEBALLKINGS
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DYNASTY BASEBALL KINGS - FIRST YEAR!

Postby DYNASTYBASEBALLKINGS » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:04 pm

3 spots left for Dynasty Baseball Kings

What is going to make this league great, we are going to extend Yahoo's league data into a public-facing website with the Yahoo API. The website will be a Fantasy Baseball blog of sorts, with all owners having access to post articles and musings, while at the same time, providing the public with easy access to league standings, week to week matchups, transaction data, and more. I also want to incorporate a public message board, in addition to the comments sections on each blog post, I am hoping to incorporate at some point a real-time streaming message board.

The site will be a development in progress. As for now, we are just trying to fill up the league with competitive teams, if you're a Fantasy Sports or sports writer or you have your own blog, we definitely have a spot for you.

I have every intention of trafficking this website and generating some kind of revenue from the site - all the revenue will go to the league pool. In 3 or 4 years, with attention and effort, I don't see why this site couldn't bring in 5K a year - all to the prize pool. If it happens to bring in 10K - all to the prize pool. Im thinking of marketing the website to other Yahoo leagues, giving them the ability to launch their own public website with all the features built into the Dynasty Baseball Kings site, selling it as a theme for $50 or something like that. I will have revenue, and once again, it will all go to the prize pool (less costs of course). Eventually this league will rule.

I have 9 great managers to start. We're looking for 3 more. NO ENTRY FEE in year one, but I'm putting up $250 to the winner.
DYNASTYBASEBALLKINGS
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby DYNASTYBASEBALLKINGS » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:08 pm

DYNASTYBASEBALLKINGS
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Smoakbomb » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:35 pm

When is the draft?
Smoakbomb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DYNASTYBASEBALLKINGS » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Whats up SmokeBomb, the draft is scheduled for Thursday Night, March 28th, 8:15PM CST, and will be held on online at Yahoo.

It is an auction draft, I have the time intervals widdled down, so hopefully we can get through the whole thing in 3 hours, should definitely be wrapped before midnight.

3 spots left!!
DYNASTYBASEBALLKINGS
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Smoakbomb » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:51 pm

I think I am in...How is the league scored? Is it 5x5, 6x6, Roto, HTH, 7x7, Points??? I would love more details on the scoring and settings/rules. But count me in for the 28th
Smoakbomb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby justint » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Sounds really awesome. I'm interested.

justin.tanas@yahoo.com
justint
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Smoakbomb » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Smoakbomb wrote:I think I am in...How is the league scored? Is it 5x5, 6x6, Roto, HTH, 7x7, Points??? I would love more details on the scoring and settings/rules. But count me in for the 28th

My email is eknowles2@comcast.net
Smoakbomb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DYNASTYBASEBALLKINGS » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:38 am

Awesome, emailing you both the League ID and Password.

The spots are reserved, so let me know if you change your mind.

Right now we are running 7 x 7, with Walks and Strike Outs added to Offense, and Innings Pitched and Losses added to Pitching. It's head to head, 6 teams make the playoffs, Division winners get first round byes.

$250 to the winner.
DYNASTYBASEBALLKINGS
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Smoakbomb » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Great, looks good, I am signed up and getting ready for the 28th! Thanks
Smoakbomb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Classifieds