Where do you prefer drafting in a 12 man snake? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where do you prefer drafting in a 12 man snake?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where do you prefer drafting in a 12 man snake?

Postby jefferey13 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:18 am

Ender wrote:
I don't mind the 12th pick, because the back-to-back picks help you avoid praying that certain players will fall back to you. It gives me a sense of control.

That makes no sense at all~ This is basically taking all control away from you. You have to reach for the guys you want because you have no other choice at all, all of your choices IE control is completely gone.

Sure it can make sense to some people. Heck picking 1st and 12th is identical for every round except the first round. You are always "reaching" like you say in both positions.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby saemick » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:29 pm

jefferey13 wrote:
Ender wrote:
I don't mind the 12th pick, because the back-to-back picks help you avoid praying that certain players will fall back to you. It gives me a sense of control.

That makes no sense at all~ This is basically taking all control away from you. You have to reach for the guys you want because you have no other choice at all, all of your choices IE control is completely gone.

Sure it can make sense to some people. Heck picking 1st and 12th is identical for every round except the first round. You are always "reaching" like you say in both positions.

I pulled the 12th pick in my main league and am not exactly happy. That being said, IF you are torn between 2 -3 players it's nice to be able to assure yourself of of 2 of em...on the flip side, you will ALWAYS end up reaching for guys b/c while it "may" be too early to take Player X, he most likely won't be there 23 picks later (assuming we're not talking about the late rounds as that becomes more of a crap shoot).

Ideally, I'd prefer not to be on the ends though
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ichirosan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 am

J35J wrote:
ichirosan wrote: Pujols, Fielder, Votto or Longoria

Lets play the one of these do not belong game... :-B

Of course Longoria is a second rounder. The thing is, I'd much rather leave the first 2 rounds with a corner man instead of playing chicken with the other 1B (I've seen Goldschmitt drafted in the bottom of the second, and Rizzo at the beginning of the fourth), or taking my chances with the injury wasteland that is 3B (Wright, Ramírez, Sandoval...)
ichirosan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:15 am

ichirosan wrote:
J35J wrote:
ichirosan wrote: Pujols, Fielder, Votto or Longoria

Lets play the one of these do not belong game... :-B

Of course Longoria is a second rounder. The thing is, I'd much rather leave the first 2 rounds with a corner man instead of playing chicken with the other 1B (I've seen Goldschmitt drafted in the bottom of the second, and Rizzo at the beginning of the fourth), or taking my chances with the injury wasteland that is 3B (Wright, Ramírez, Sandoval...)

Well, you hope he's a second rounder. I'd venture to say he is probably more closely related to Wright, Ramirez, etc than he is Pujols, Fielder, Votto.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers