Post Draft Questionairre - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

Post Draft Questionairre

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: Post Draft Questionairre

Postby RedBullVodka » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:57 pm

1. What was your overall draft strategy, and who are the keys to your success?

To begin with I was just looking to build a solid core of players, particularly looking to fill in-field as most of OF is set with my keepers. Towards the end I try to go for more upside type players. Not sure if, in hindsight, I've nailed either particularly well. Injuries right now are looking like killing me, at least to begin with, with Ortiz, Jeter and possibly Sandoval starting the season on DL. That will almost certainly mean dropping some of my upside rookie picks early on!

I guess the keys to my success will be Trout, McCutchen, Cespedes & Craig doing something similar to last season, those injured players only being sidelined for a couple of weeks at most, and my pitching holding up well. I like the Price / Lee 1-2 punch; but need at least two of Beckett, Hanson, Griffin & Bauer being solid, and need some luck finding saves on the waiver wire (& Jansen to take the job from league quite quickly).

2. What are the best and/or worst picks that you made?

Not sure I made any "brilliant" picks - at the time I thought they were all solid, but now Ortiz in Rd 3 doesn't look clever, and not overly keen on Hanson in Rd 14.

3. Who were the steals and/or reaches of the draft?

The draft finished a couple of weeks ago, and I can't really remember!

4. Who do you think will finish in the top 3?

Really like Fade's team, Ender talks a good game, hopefully me. But one of the great things about this league is that you can come from nowhere to finish top. I was bottom three / four for most previous seasons, and maybe lucked into winning it last year, with a great draft and decision on keeping Trout. So who knows!

5. Who do you think will finish in the bottom 3?

Could be anyone - but the guys who switch off during the season, tend to fall.

6. Any other thoughts?

Good luck everyone - can't wait for the season to start.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Post Draft Questionairre

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:03 pm

1. What was your overall draft strategy, and who are the keys to your success?

Can't even recall anymore. Last season, a few categories really held me down in the standings so I remember thinking about rectifying it. That said, I made zero in-roads with batting average so the key will be to have a few guys produce better than expected + land a few key FA's in season.

2. What are the best and/or worst picks that you made?

Best - Toolsy OF's late in the draft. Worst - Kipnis. Happens every year where I'm a little late in doing my research (thanks fantasy basketball) where my first team has a few questionable picks in the first 10 rounds.

3. Who were the steals and/or reaches of the draft?

Good return on pick # - Jansen (RBV), Chisenhall (ggs), Hicks (Ender), Smoak (ayebatter)

Reaches - most rookies drafted before say RD 23, Uggla (alpha), Either (Third Day), Haren (BigLebowski)

4. Who do you think will finish in the top 3?

Ender, RBV, Fade

5. Who do you think will finish in the bottom 3?

sportsguy, Third Day, Jags

6. Any other thoughts?

Not really, just good luck to you all!
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to The Brushback League