How is my team? 5th year in keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How is my team? 5th year in keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How is my team? 5th year in keeper league

Postby KSChris » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:33 am

16 team H2H 5x5 league
10 keepers per team
$265 auction budget

The players in bold were keepers:

C Chris Iannetta, $1
1B Adrian Gonzalez, $17
2B Jason Kipnis, $3
3B Brett Lawrie, $3

SS Marco Scutaro, $15
OF Alex Gordon, $28
OF Melky Cabrera, $28
OF Alfonso Soriano, $9
UT Nelson Cruz, $19
BN David Ortiz, $4
BN Omar Infante, $1
BN Wil Myers, $3

SP Felix Hernandez, $25
SP Gio Gonzalez, $18
SP Madison Bumgarner, $3
SP Kris Medlen, $3
SP CJ Wilson, $4

RP Jim Johnson, $18
RP Rafael Soriano, $26
RP Joel Hanrahan, $12
P Tim Collins, $1
P Tyler Clippard, $3
BN Jordan Walden, $1
BN/DL Brandon Beachy, $16

The draft pool was about as barren as can be this year. Had to overpay for most of my offense guys, but there wasn't really any other option. I was mostly set at SP out of the gate with the keepers I had there. I would've liked to have picked up one or two supporting SP's, but it didn't work out like I wanted to, so I made a concerted effort to surround those 5 guys with high-K relievers and closers. I think/hope that between Johnson, Soriano, Hanrahan, Collins, and Clippard plus the high-K/low-ERA aces I've got I'll have one of the better pitching staffs in the league to make up for a mediocre offense. I did waste money on a guy who will miss half the season recovering from surgery in Beachy, but at $16 I thought it was a worthy investment.
KSChris
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How is my team? 5th year in keeper league

Postby Sanjgrass88 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am

batting is decent i think you could use some work in a few positions. pitching is def your strong side! love your keepers. i kept gio as well soo hopefully he busts out again this season. please rate my team if you could.
Sanjgrass88
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Irish Drunk » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm basically in same boat as you. 16 teamer, up to 15 keeps. $260 auction budget. Draft held on Saturday. Looking at what happened in our draft compared to your selections.

First off nice cheap pitching keepers in Bumgarner, Medlen and Wilson. Its always a bonus when you can go into a draft with that. Gio at $18 also has nice value (mind you I have him at $10)

Adrian Gonzalez was a free agent and went for a whopping $39 in our auction so you have nice value there. I'm high on him this year as well.

Nelson Cruz went for $18 in our draft so pretty close.

$26 paid for Rafael Soriano may be a bit much to spend for a closer. I typically don't go beyond $20.

Felix Hernandez was a free agent in our auction and went for $45! He is definitely a Cy Young candidate.

I thought you might have paid too much for Beachy as well. In our auction he went for $9.

Overall
Your pitching is awesome. Nice blend of starters and closers.
Hitting is pretty solid. I think you need a better catcher than Iannetta. OF may be lacking a bit in power. Lawrie needs to have a breakout (and stay healthy).
This team should contend.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 160)

Postby KSChris » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Unfortunately I waited too long for catcher.

I wanted Yadier Molina since I had him last year but didn't want to keep him at 28. But he went for close to 40.. No way.

I figured I'd be able to get one of the remaining decent ones late, but a guy was hoarding catchers at the end and screwed me.

And there was really no one good available in the OF for power. I got Cruz and Soriano and that's about as good as I could get while still going for best available overall in Gordon and Melky, both of whom I like for this year.

Going to give it a shot and try to ride my pitching.
KSChris
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby KSChris » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 am

Made some changes.

I dropped Walden adn picked up Vance Worley. I then traded Worley for Alex Avila, who should be an upgrade over Iannetta.

I also picked up Yasiel Puig for $2.
KSChris
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team