Rate my team! 12 team H2H (keeper league) - I'll Rate Yours - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team! 12 team H2H (keeper league) - I'll Rate Yours

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team! 12 team H2H (keeper league) - I'll Rate Yours

Postby toof90 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Roster Positions
23 roster spots

Hitting (10): C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, Util
Pitching (8): SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P
Bench (5): BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Scoring for Batting Categories
H: .75
1B, 2B, 3B, HR: 1-4
AB: -.25
BB: 1.5
SO: -.75
HBP: 1
R: 1
RBI: 1
SB: 2
CS: -1
GIDP: -1

Innings Pitched (IP) 2.5
Wins (W) 4
Losses (L) -2
Complete Games (CG) 4
Shutouts (SHO) 8
Hits (H) -1
Earned Runs (ER) -1
Home Runs (HR) -1
Walks (BB) -1
Hit Batters (HBP) -1
Strikeouts (K) 1
Batters Grounded Into Double Plays (GIDP) 1
Holds (HLD) 1
Inherited Runners Scored (IRA) -0.5
Net Saves (NSV) 5

My Team:
C: Salvador Perez
1B: Adam Laroche
2B: Neil Walker
3B: Miguel Cabrera
SS: Jimmy Rollins
LF: Yoenis Cespedes
CF: Austin Jackson
RF: Justin Upton
Util: Nick Swisher
Util: Torii Hunter

SP: Gio Gonzalez
SP: Adam Wainwright
SP: Jordan Zimmermann
SP: Brandon Morrow
SP: Jarrod Parker
RP: Jim Johnson
RP: Houston Street
P: Brett Anderson

BN: Tim Hudson
BN: Corey Hart
BN: Ryan Doumit
BN: Dan Straily
BN: Dylan Bundy (took him with my last pick, most likely going to cut him and pick up an infielder)

There is 1 DL spot, Corey Hart will take that spot and I'll have another opening for a FA.
toof90
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team! 12 team H2H (keeper league) - I'll Rate Yo

Postby roidrage08 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:12 pm

This is a wild scoring system. On offense I really like cabrera, cespedes, salvador perez,austin jackson. You are good in batting average and steals department but you are really lacking in power. I'd look to pick up a power hitter or 2 especially considering it is 4 points for a home run. Pitching wise as far as your starters go its a little weak. I like gio gonzalez but you dont have a true ace.

Rate mine?
viewtopic.php?t=456305
roidrage08
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team! 12 team H2H (keeper league) - I'll Rate Yo

Postby ks501 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:55 pm

Funky scoring. Would be a fun league if everybody is active.

Gotta say right off that I love Salvador Perez the same way I loved Starlin Castro a few years ago after he debuted for the Cubs and was being drafted around the 15th round the following year. Perez when he was 19 had an awful time after getting called to single-A Burlington, but otherwise has been a very solid .290+ hitter all the way through the minors. Destroyed AAA in his last stay there over 60 ABs. IDK if he's still going to have around a .310 career average in the majors after this season like he's got now, but he will hit better than .280, mark it. .280 12 65 is probably rock bottom for a dude who makes contact as consistently as he does. That's great production that you can essentially put off til the last few rounds of your draft. Ok. Got that off my chest. High five.

If your infield does as well as they did last season, you'll be great. I like Neil Walker enough depending on where you got him and I'm taking Cabrera with the #1 overall if I have it, no question about it. LaRoche and Rollins I'm less high on, but they're good players and you probably can afford to do that Bundy cut and get a Daniel Murphy if he's kicking around to back up Rollins. Scutaro if he's on somebodys bench. Maybe send some saves and Torii Hunters big name for Scutaro+ or something. Saves are on the waiver wire all summer long and yet people will still trade for them. Big high five getting Cabrera and Upton on the same team. That's going to be fun. This year could be the break out people have been waiting for with Upton, or not, but last year is probably what you're looking at for a baseline. I think there's a huge chance he improves on those numbers.

Probably the one thing you will kick yourself for is drafting Gio. Even if he's good, you could cut him off your staff and still probably have a shot at a top-5 pitching staff and that pick would have been better spent on a hitter where you probably had to draft Gonzalez. I stay away from WBC pitchers wherever possible too. Wainwright will be Wainwright again, he had a big second half surge (and I shouldn't have traded him, lol) and Jordon Zimmerman and Brett Anderson are wicked talented. They'll give you good rate stats all year. If Morrow hits his upside, you're rolling. I think Morrow is the next Chris Carpenter style late bloomer who will make everybody forget about his early career ups and downs. I also just saw you have Tim Hudson. Trade Gio and rely on your value picks on the pitching staff to do work for you. Trust your gut, you got some good arms after Gio that can carry you.

I think you did well, man. Cabrera is basically a one man offense, enjoy that.

My team: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=457079
ks501
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team