12 Team HtH Yahoo League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12 Team HtH Yahoo League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 Team HtH Yahoo League

Postby coasterbrad » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:43 am

I just drafted last night for my 12 team fantasy league. We have a core group of about 8 managers every year and the other four are different each year. It is a pretty competitive league that I've managed to do well in so far. Won last year and three years ago and came in third another year. I'm a big baseball fan but do not follow as close as most fantasy gurus so I wasn't able to do too much research before the draft.

I had the 10th pick in a snake style draft. Basically looking for some input on how the team is as a whole and if there are any glaring holes I need to address.

Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL
Batting Stats: Runs (R), Triples (3B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitching Stats: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

C - Carlos Santana (C, 1B)
1B - Edwin Encarnacion (1B)
2B - Jose Altuve (2B)
3B - Brett Lawrie (3B)
SS - Troy Tulowitzky (SS)
OF - Jay Bruce (OF)
OF - Shane Victorino (OF)
OF - Chris Davis (OF, 1B)
Util - Danny Espinosa (2B, SS)
BN - Kyle Seager (2B, 3B)
BN - Ichiro Suzuki (OF)
BN - Jordan Pacheco (C, 1B, 3B)

SP - Justin Verlander (SP)
SP - Johnny Cueto (SP)
RP - Jonathan Papelbon (RP)
RP - Glen Perkins (RP)
P - Steve Cishek (RP)
P - David Hernandez (RP)
P - Matt Garza (SP)
BN - Anibal Sanchez (SP)
BN - Derek Holland (SP)

Thank you for any input and advice!
coasterbrad
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team HtH Yahoo League

Postby boki » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:22 pm

I like your core of hitters, santana, encarnacion, altuve, lawrie, tulo, bruce, victorino. Chris davis you should monitor, hes streaky, if hes cold sit him. Im not a fan of espinosa yet, but i see u need his stolen bases in utility. Pachecho should be dropped for someone else. Name some of the better guys on your waiver wire.

You have two solid aces in Cueto and Verlander. I dont mind Anibal or Holland, they have potential but theyre gambles. I think garza is hurt but he should be fine when hes back. Closers are solid. And i assume Cishek and Hernadez are for holds?

Your team is solid. Try and improve your utility and Chris Davis if he gets cold and starts hitting 7th or 8th in the lineup. Use Pachecho for a new player now and when you see new free agents that are hot, drop either whoever u used to get pachecho and/or Ichiro and/or Espinosa and/or seager. Keep these guys on a short leash on your team to try and better it through waivers, if they start hitting at the end of their batting lineups or continually play bad then dont hold on to them. Ichiro might be too old, not a fan of espinosa or seager as utility unless they get a lot better this year.
boki
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 5)

Postby coasterbrad » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:09 pm

Thank you for the reply, boki.

You are correct that Cishek and Hernandex are for holds. With the two of them I should be able to easily take that category most weeks. It usually only takes a couple to win holds.

Here are the top overall ranked available players:
Jayson Werth OF
Ryan Doumit C,OF
Jed Lowrie SS
Cameron Maybin OF
Alexei Ramirez SS
Alex Avila C
Dayan Viciedo OF
Brandon Belt 1B
Andrelton Simmons SS
Daniel Murphy 1B, 2B
Corey Hart 1B, OF

Do you like any of those guys over Davis or my bench players? Thanks again!
coasterbrad
T-Ball Trainer

Postby boki » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Id say when Corey Hart is healthy hes safer than Chris davis and will provide that type of output. For now id drop pachecho for Werth. They say hes batting second on the nationals lineup which is stacked. If he keeps his average decent around 260-270 he'll be really useful. Id probably drop Ichiro for Maybin. Ichiro doesnt have the avg or steals he used to. He wont bat leadoff probably at the bottom of the order and Maybin actually finished the year decent last year and his potential to steal 40 or more could be useful.
boki
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby boki » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Also you can keep an eye on Viciedo, incase Davis struggles he might be a similar replacement. Im not telling you Davis will suck you just have to treat him really cautiously. Hes had promise before then disappeared, thats why you gotta have others in mind. And in general you want to replace him with a power guy aswell.
boki
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team