Please rate my Auction Keeper Team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my Auction Keeper Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my Auction Keeper Team

Postby Brainstorm » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Due to transitioning from a standard keeper league, I was able to get some decent values on my original keepers and it allowed me to overspend on some players, mainly closers, during the draft. That's why you'll see some good values (ie. Kemp, Cano, Strasburg, Heyward) I'll post the values as well but that part isn't overly important to me now, it's about winning this year. Where am I weak? What should I improve? Who should I use to do so?

It's a 12 team, 5x5 standard Roto. 1250 IP limit. Thanks for the help!

C-Yadier Molina 18
1B-Eric Hosmer 8
2B-Robinson Cano 18
3B-Kyle Seager 14
SS-Troy Tulowitzki 23
OF-Matt Kemp 17
OF-Jason Heyward 11
OF-Shane Victorino 7
UTIL-Ryan Howard 5
SP-Stephen Strasburg 14
SP-Zach Greinke 16
RP-Joe Nathan 18
RP-Joel Hanrahan 18
P- Kenley Jansen 2
P- Brandon League 9
P-Max Scherzer 14
BENCH-Jeff Samardzija 3
BENCH-Alex Cobb 8
BENCH-Mike Minor 10
BENCH-Nick Markakis 9
BENCH-Oscar Taveras 7
BENCH-Alex Rodriguez 3(Moved to DL since, haven't picked up anyone in his place so empty slot)
BENCH-Lorenzo Cain 2
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 249)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rate my Auction Keeper Team

Postby misterf » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Nice team

Your hitters are good. Not a ton of speed, but enough you wont get clobbered in the save category. Good power, and your batting average should be solid. No real average killers in the bunch.

Bench also looks nice. Great combo of an experienced vet with w/ a good track record (markakis) and a couple of young prospects with high upsides (taveras and cain).

The only potential "hole" i see in the roster is Seager. I like his long-term upside. But I am not sure I want to trust him as my primary 3b for this year. I would definitely try to use that vacant roster spot on a 3b to provide some insurance in case Seager takes awhile to reach his potential. I might even try to trade some of your bench guys for a 3b if the waiver wire isn't helpful. (obviously, in a keeper league you want to hold onto Seager for his long term value even if he starts slow)

Pitching looks great, too.

you have 4 extremely solid SP's in Strasburg, Scherzer, Grienke and Smardzja. Strasburg is a true ace.......Scherzer and Greinke are solid #2 fantasy pitchers......and Smarsdzja is a legit #3 fantasy SP. Cobb and Minor are nice additions, couple of youngsters with upsides. It's not a very deep roster.....but your top-4 guys are excellent.....and in a league with an innings max of only 1250, you don''t really need a deep rotation.

You have a good collection of closers....can't complain about 4 legit closers.

Overall, job well done. The only things that scare me even a little are Seager and depth at starting pitching. And Seager certainly has the upside to end up being an asset immediately. Similarly, Cobb and Minor have the upside to give your pitching staff that needed depth.

My hunch is that of Seager, Minor and Cobb, at least one will pan out well from the start........but you may need to find alternative
options to replace the other two.

If your only concerns going into a season are pitching depth and keeping your fingers crossed that a youngster plays up to his potential.....then you are in great shape!

Good luck

help with mine?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=456200
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)

Re: Please rate my Auction Keeper Team

Postby Brainstorm » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks, I'm putting a claim in for either Reynolds or Chisenhall tonight, having quite decided on which one yet. And I hear ya on the speed, almost wish I didn't go with Taveras to get more of a speedster. I could always drop a Lorenzo Cain for a pure speed guy, like Coco Crisp. But I do like Cain so I may hold off for now.
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 249)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team