standard 12-team 5x5 roto....wHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

standard 12-team 5x5 roto....wHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

standard 12-team 5x5 roto....wHIR

Postby misterf » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Standard 12-team 5x5 roto:

c - montero, jesus
1b - freeman, freddie
2b - cano, robinson
3b - ramirez, aramis
ss - tulowitzki, troy
of - heyward, jayson
of - trumbo, mark
of - aoki, norichika
ut - hosmer, eric
ut - freese, david

bnch - reddick, josh
bnch - fowler, dexter
bnch - segura, jean

sp - weaver, jered
sp - wainwright, adam
sp - morrow, brandon
sp - niese, jonathan
sp - lynn, lance
sp - jackson, edwin
sp - iwakuma, hisashi

rp - putz, jj
rp - perkins, glen
rp - rondon, bruce

It seemed like I was at the wrong end of every run on pitchers.....both starters and closer. But I think I managed to salvage a pitching staff.

Anyway, what do you think of this team?
Any comments or advice is appreciated.

Of course, WHIR!!!!
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: standard 12-team 5x5 roto....wHIR

Postby Brainstorm » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Your offense is really solid, alot of players I am personally targeting. You backed up Tulo with a nice speculative SS in Segura, who I think can provide a nice combination of power and speed if Tulo gets hurt. I'm not the biggest Trumbo fan, but you backed him up with Reddick, so you gotta think one of the two works out at worst. You also may end up playing Segura or Fowler more often than say Freese given you lack a little in the speed department in your current starting lineup.

Pitching is very good at the top, but it thins out a little near the end. I think Iwakuma may end up being your 5th starter. His 2nd half was fantastic last year. Edwin Jackson concerns me moving to Wrigley, and I never was sold on Lynn, but these are the back end of your rotation and you can always drop Jackson for a hot start SP and if it doesn't work out replace pretty easily.

I don't know what Rondon will do, but if there are other available RP's out there with a closer job I'd grab them. Maybe Parnell is out there? He seems to be underrated in the closer ranks. If not you can stick with Rondon for now, but I'd keep a keen eye on the closer carousel and hop on when you can. Putz and Perkins are safe options who should provide decent K totals.

Overall, I think the weaknesses I pointed out are minor and certainly correctable once we get into the season as long as you're aggressive on the WW. I'd be confident in this team going in.
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 249)

Postby goose in my step » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:01 pm

the guy amove me is right you are lacking speed in your starting lineup. You could possibly deal either trumbo or redick for some speed later in the season since they are pretty much clones. Solid bats overall.

Your pitching staff is top heavy. But you can find some replacements on the wire or can stream if its a daily league. I wouldnt drop rondon tho. I drafted him too and even if he doesnt get the closer role out of the gate Leyland said will go by committee and ride the hot hand. So theres still a chance he can become the fulltime closer during the season. Tigers O should give him lots of save opportunities

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=456075
goose in my step
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kingdon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Offense is pretty decent. I am a bit worried about the power. I've got to imagine there are a handful of teams with much more than you in that aspect. I think you are pretty weak at SB, too. Top of your pitching staff is money, but the bottom half is pretty inconsistent.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=456275
kingdon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby kaiser » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:41 pm

You did well all the way around. Pitching looks just fine to me. You'll need to find another closer along the way to replace or supplement Rondon, but you can do that fairly easily if you pay attention. Bats look quite solid, and if Freeman has the year he is capable of, you are in very good shape.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team