Please rate my yahoo fantasy team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my yahoo fantasy team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my yahoo fantasy team

Postby CodeMyst » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:13 pm

This is a keepers league. We do an auction style draft. We get 270 dollars to spend. We get to keep 5 players from last year.

C. Molina STL $15
1st. Fielder $35
2nd. Seager $5 (Keeper)
SS. Desmond $5 (Keeper)
3rd. Cabrera $60
OF. Harper $18 (Keeper)
OF. Stanton $39
OF. Upton $30
U. Dunn $5

Bench

Myers
D'naraud

Pitchers

SP. Vogelsong $5 (Keeper)
SP. Miley $5 (Keeper)
SP. Shurzer $15
RP. Lynn $5
RP. Liriano $1
P. Peavy $5
P. Gallardo $14

Bench

Harvey
Miller
CodeMyst
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rate my yahoo fantasy team

Postby CodeMyst » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:39 pm

forgot to add that this league has 12 teams

Rules

1) Weekly league - You set your line ups prior to 3am Eastern on Monday and those are your players for the entire week. If your player gets hurt you can not make any changes, till the next week.

2) Pick ups - You are allowed 2 pickups per week

3) Rosters - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UTIL, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P
Bench x 4, DL x 2

4) Batting Categories - Runs, HR's, RBI's, SB's, Ave, BB's

5) Pitching Categories - W's, ERA, Saves, K's, WHIP, QS's

6) Scoring type - Head to Head Categories

7) Draft Style - Auction draft $270 dollars for your draft minus keeper cost. and $100 in season waiver wire money.
CodeMyst
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Please rate my yahoo fantasy team

Postby misterf » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:51 pm

First, the GOOD:

You have a pretty ridiculous collection of elite hitters. Fielder, Desmond, Miggy, Stanton, Upton and Harper are going to put up great stats. And they provide a balance of power, speed and average. And Molia may not be at the same level as these other guys, but he is also elite when compared to other catchers.

Now for the not so good:

I know it is a keeper league, but I feel you might have focused a bit too much on "prospect" type players......which might hurt you for this year.

Seager has upside, but not sure I would want to count on him for this season. I would have tried to nab another 2b as insurance in case Seager takes awhile to reach his potential. And while your bench of Myers and D'arnaud ahas great long-term value, I don't think they give you any depth or flexibility for the current season.

On the other end of the spectrum, not sure how much I trust Dunn. He will hit some home runs......but he is an average-killer, and his age is becoming a concern. I would be a lot more comfortable with Dunn as a bench player (to throw in for select matchups) instead of a starter.

You're starting pitching is decent. You don't have a true ace.....but you do have a couple of solid #2 fantasy starters in Scherzer and Gallardo....both of whom will provide a lot of k's. You also have a good collection of #3 SP's with Miley, Peavy, Lynn and Harvey. So what you lack in elite pitchers, you make up for in depth.

Looks like you completely punted saves. I see you made sure to get a couple of starters with RP eligibility to help give you an edge in wins, k's and qs's....which is goof......but you have guaranteed yourself a loss in one category every week. I am not a huge fan of punting categories....I know it can work, but I would have used the auction money saved on closers to get at least one true #1 pitcher.

Conclusion:

Clearly your strategy was to build the team around an elite core of hitters......and you definitely succeeded. Your top hitters are going to keep you competitive.

Of course, all those elite hitters came at a cost. There are a couple of potential holes with Seager and Dunn.....and there isn't much help on your bench.

And your pitching has depth....but lacks an elite guy at the top....and you had to punt saves. You are set up to do well in the "counting" pitching cat's.....but you are at risk in the ratio stats.

You should be able to dominate the hitting categories and win a couple of the counting pitcher categories to put together a good record.......but I think you are cutting things a bit close.

I would try to trade some of those "prospects" (seager, wil myers, miller) to net a better 2b and/or utility.....or to upgrade Peavy, Lynn or Harvey.

good luck!

help with mine?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=456200
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team