Points League Strategy.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Points League Strategy....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Points League Strategy....

Postby Metropolitans » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:22 pm

J35J wrote:Just threw a few names in Excel and calculated. I didn't put in CYC or SLAM for hitters. I didn't put in No Hitters or Perfect Games for pitchers.

Verlander 814.5 (High K guys are far and away the best players in this system)
Price 757.5
Kershaw 755.0
Shields 669.5
MCAB 667.5
Trout 665.5 (Strike outs are killer in this system...Trout would have beat MCAB by a mile if it wasn't for those 40 extra Ks )
Braun 656.0
Kimbrel 652.5 (Closer suck, unless your name is Kimbrel)
Cueto 605.0 (Low K guys are quite a step down from the higher K guys)
Weaver 603.0
Reyes 589.0 (Guys who hit triples and don't strike out are very nice. If he didn't have 19 errors he would have been another 40pts higher...those middle infielders with a lot of errors take a hit, but they are still good scorers)
Pujols 567.5 (Pujols and ARAM are good scorers here..they fill up the score box but don't strike out much)
Aramis 565.0 (Pujols and ARAM are good scorers here..they fill up the score box but don't strike out much)
Fielder 546.5
Lee 541.0 (Lack of wins and no CG or Shut hurts...I figure this will change this year though)
Rollins 527.0
Motte 526.0
Prado 525.0
Pagan 518.5
Hamilton 518.0 (High strike out guys really get hit)
Kinsler 516.5
Posey 507.0
Zobrist 495.0
Mauer 492.5
Jim Johnson 490.0
Harrison 480.0
Scutero 477.5
Kipnis 467.5
Bourn 465.0
Jeter 456.5
Crisp 446.0
Bruce 439.0
Granderson 434.5 (High strike out guys suck)
Revere 414.5
BJ Upton 393.0
Alcides 379.5
D Robertson 336.0
Dunn 309.0


thanks a lot man.... yeah I looked at lastyrs points leaders with this scoring and I got similar feedback of course....

this tells me a lot that I was thinking, awesome!

like u said, high K pitchers r KEY and high K hitters are BAD.... I looked at the standings n noticed guys like Reyes had some great value bc Triples are worth 5 (which is more than HRs, 4), and SBs are also pretty valuable too. Plus like u said, he doesn't Strikeout a lot so that helps his value greatly.

this scoring is exploitable, I just gotta figure out the way to do so. High K pitchers is definitely a start though and avoiding high K hitters too
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
BN LMartin,RMartin,Profar
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 181
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Points League Strategy....

Postby Metropolitans » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 pm

after seeing how strongly High-K SPs score in this league, why not just stream SPs with high K potential??? theres no moves cap for the week or season so I 'could do this'. the only thing is that once I begin doing it and having success, literally everyone will jump on board with that strategy n then it'll become an annoying league where you have to stay up till 3am just to beat the rest of the league to the "streamers"... I don't want that, do I? lol.... But SPs def crush with high K performances, I can see that greatly today!
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
BN LMartin,RMartin,Profar
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 181
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Points League Strategy....

Postby kab21 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:50 am

There's no transaction limit or GS limit? Even a 50 transaction season limit slows this down. You must have a rookie commish.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5340
(Past Year: 172)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Points League Strategy....

Postby Metropolitans » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:41 am

kab21 wrote:There's no transaction limit or GS limit? Even a 50 transaction season limit slows this down. You must have a rookie commish.


yeah u can imagine the 'race to the wire' in week 1, so F'n annoying! def a rookie commish mistake, as this is his first points league. I said the exact same thing, theres gotta be an "adds-cap" or its mayhem... aaaaaannnd its mayhem!

obviously, stud pitchers played BIG TIME! Yu Darvishs first outing dropped 52pts and Kershaws 2 efforts were ridiculous scorers! but hitters on tears held their own, ie Chris Davis... hitters who K are tough in this too, -1.5 is tough bc a hitter who goes 1-4 with a single and a K, nets -.50 so guys like Prado (who I drafted) are gold bc they barely ever Strikeout... Any other guys who barely Strikeout that I should target??? I know I avoided guys like Dunn at the draft table bc of their High-K totals. an 0-4 with 4K's will really screw you (-6.00)
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
BN LMartin,RMartin,Profar
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 181
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Points League Strategy....

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 am

Metropolitans wrote:
kab21 wrote:There's no transaction limit or GS limit? Even a 50 transaction season limit slows this down. You must have a rookie commish.


yeah u can imagine the 'race to the wire' in week 1, so F'n annoying! def a rookie commish mistake, as this is his first points league. I said the exact same thing, theres gotta be an "adds-cap" or its mayhem... aaaaaannnd its mayhem!

obviously, stud pitchers played BIG TIME! Yu Darvishs first outing dropped 52pts and Kershaws 2 efforts were ridiculous scorers! but hitters on tears held their own, ie Chris Davis... hitters who K are tough in this too, -1.5 is tough bc a hitter who goes 1-4 with a single and a K, nets -.50 so guys like Prado (who I drafted) are gold bc they barely ever Strikeout... Any other guys who barely Strikeout that I should target??? I know I avoided guys like Dunn at the draft table bc of their High-K totals. an 0-4 with 4K's will really screw you (-6.00)

Fielder and Pujols are the two big boppers who always come to mind when you talk about K/BB and low Ks in general.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 354)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Points League Strategy....

Postby Metropolitans » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:50 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Metropolitans wrote:
kab21 wrote:There's no transaction limit or GS limit? Even a 50 transaction season limit slows this down. You must have a rookie commish.


yeah u can imagine the 'race to the wire' in week 1, so F'n annoying! def a rookie commish mistake, as this is his first points league. I said the exact same thing, theres gotta be an "adds-cap" or its mayhem... aaaaaannnd its mayhem!

obviously, stud pitchers played BIG TIME! Yu Darvishs first outing dropped 52pts and Kershaws 2 efforts were ridiculous scorers! but hitters on tears held their own, ie Chris Davis... hitters who K are tough in this too, -1.5 is tough bc a hitter who goes 1-4 with a single and a K, nets -.50 so guys like Prado (who I drafted) are gold bc they barely ever Strikeout... Any other guys who barely Strikeout that I should target??? I know I avoided guys like Dunn at the draft table bc of their High-K totals. an 0-4 with 4K's will really screw you (-6.00)

Fielder and Pujols are the two big boppers who always come to mind when you talk about K/BB and low Ks in general.


I own Pujols already ;-D

anyone more in that middle tier?? someone like Prado? not a 1st/2nd round talent, more of an 8th-12th round talent.....?
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
BN LMartin,RMartin,Profar
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 181
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Points League Strategy....

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:40 am

Last year Edwin Encarnacion struck out under 100 times, and had a very good K/BB. Also guys like Mauer, Pedroia, Scutaro, Victorino, Phillips (though he never walks), Yadier Molina, Ichiro, Konerko, Altuve, Melky, Crisp, Brantley...

A great lower tier guy is Aoki, based on his last year production (just 55 K in 520 AB).
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 354)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot] and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact