Quite Possibly the Perfect Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Quite Possibly the Perfect Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Quite Possibly the Perfect Draft

Postby Ehlana » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:17 pm

You ended up with four guys who are consensus top 10 picks. I certainly hope you'd be pleased with your team. I also question the intelligence of the other 9 people in this league.

I also play in a points league where pitchers tend to outscore hitters, but that doesn't change the fact that there are still a lot more viable options at SP then there are at the various offensive positions. There's no way that Carlos Gonzalez falling to 43rd overall makes any kind of sense.
(\ _ /)
(='.'=)
(")_(")*
Ehlana
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Quite Possibly the Perfect Draft

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:42 pm

rmessne wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:I took another look at some high win% SP and it looks even more skewed.

Dickey - 678
Price - 624
Lohse - 571
Gio - 566

I took a look back at last year's stats (for this league) for the top hitters and pitchers. I also noticed I made a mistake: It's actually -5 for losses.
Top Five Hitters:
Cabrera: 652
Ryan Braun:639
Trout:623
Encarnacion: 576
McCutchen: 568

Top Five Pitchers:
R.A Dickey: 681
Verlander: 661
Price: 628
Kershaw: 623
Cain: 599
Lohse: (8th) 572

I'm not sure if I forgot something for hitters which caused a difference. (EDIT: I Forgot BB are +1) But this is straight from the website, so obviously I trust it. Upon looking at this, would you still value Pitching over Hitting?

Certain pitchers yes. Someone like Verlander or Kershaw who throws a lot of innings, low WHIP and K's a lot. Wins are so hard to predict.

Otherwise it looks like you want HR hitters with good plate discipline.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team