Need An Owner For An 11-Team N.L. Auction Dynasty League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Need An Owner For An 11-Team N.L. Auction Dynasty League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need An Owner For An 11-Team N.L. Auction Dynasty League

Postby rauzer68 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:30 pm

I am looking for an owner to take over an existing franchise in our N.L. only dynasty league. This is the 5th year of our league, and the league has been extremely successful so far. We are hoping to attract an active owner who will own this team for years to come.

Our league is a 4x4, rotisserie format. We feature a salary cap, player contracts, and a minor league system. $215 annual fee, winner gets $1100, 2nd $550, 3rd $330, 4th $220. We've taken great pains to ensure that running a team in this league is similar to running an authentic National League franchise, so it'll give you something to follow year round.

Our online auction is scheduled for Sun. March 31, at 8p Eastern.

If you'd like more information, please reply to this post.

Thanks everyone.
rauzer68
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need An Owner For An 11-Team N.L. Auction Dynasty League

Postby The Brickhouse » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Website? League safe? And the current state of franchise being taken over? Any good keepers?
The Brickhouse
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rauzer68 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm

We use CBS Sports for our league. $15 of the $215 each team pays goes to cover the website fee.

I'm not going to lie, the franchise in our league that needs to be replaced is in pretty sorry shape. The previous owners knew they were leaving, so they traded away most everything that wasn't nailed down in an attempt to cash last season. Whoever takes over this team will have a harder go at it in 2013, but again, we are looking for an owner who is in it for the long haul. This league is the brainchild of 4 guys who have a combined 70+ years of fantasy baseball experience, so we've put a lot of time and thought into crafting the rules to create a league that simulates running a real N.L. franchise.

Our league allows up to 8 keepers each year, assuming their contracts are eligible to be kept for 2013 (contracts in our league expire over time). The auction salary limit is $260, but the in-season salary cap jumps to $315. Since this is a keeper league, players in our auction tend to go for 30%-35% more than published values, so keep that in mind when looking at these salaries. The following players are eligible to be kept for this particular franchise in 2013 (not that you would want to keep them all, but here are their salaries):

Mesoraco $7
Chris Johnson $2
J Rollins $33
Hanley Ramirez $41
Heisey $3
M Holliday $38
Ludwick $10
Maybin $19
E Volquez $1

This franchise will also have either Jake Marisnick or Justin Nicolino in its minor league system, as compensation for losing one of its players to the A.L. during the offseason. But he is the only prospect. Some systems in our league have 10 prospects or more.

Unfortunately, the previous owners traded all 3 of its minor league draft picks for this year's draft as well. However, the Commishes have given this team 3 picks at the end of the minor league draft, to help it build back its farm system. Or, the new owners can trade these picks for keepers before our auction.

Whoever takes over this franchise will face an uphill battle this year, no question, so if you are looking to compete right away, this league probably isn't the best fit for you. But if you are looking for a great league in which to operate a franchise for many seasons, we can definitely give you that.

If you or anyone else are still interested, please reply to this message, and I'll shoot you more details.

Thanks.
rauzer68
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Large Tuna » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:34 am

Are you still looking for an owner? Where can I find all league rules. I realize team isn't very good, but I'm a sucker :-)
Large Tuna
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Large Tuna » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:36 am

I also would need a list of all rosters an salaries ASAP
Large Tuna
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby aubietom » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:57 am

I'll take the team if its still available

Looking for an NL team long term, been playing for 25+ years

email me at: osfanth@yahoo.com

Thanks Tom
aubietom
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rauzer68 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:55 am

Thanks to all who expressed interest in taking over this team. We have found a new owner for this franchise, so we are all set for this year. However, the person who is taking the team over is doing so on a "trial basis," so there is a very good chance we will be looking for someone to take over this franchise next season for the long-term.

If you might be interested in this team next season (assuming it is available - strong chance it is), please feel free to let us know now or at any time during the year. We will circle back with you as soon as this season ends one way or the other. If the team is available, we will give first preference to those who express interest here. This franchise should be in much better shape after this season, so that is a bonus.

Thanks again everyone, and have a great season.

- P
rauzer68
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Classifieds