MVP baseball '04, best sports game ever - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MVP baseball '04, best sports game ever

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mikcou » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:00 am

Lithman wrote:i'm a world series baseball fan. i hate EA games. i'll wait till the espn baseball comes out so i can play it online for my xbox. ea doesnt make online games.

EA games only makes online games for the PS2, I just got MVP yesterday and I plan on playing it today :-)
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kevy Kev » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:10 am

bought the pc version and had to buy a new controller. EA sucks!
these are not the droids your looking for
Kevy Kev Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BoSox4life » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:51 am

EA by far is the best sports making game. Nothing can touch Madden for football, by next year MVP will be the best baseball game, the new boxing game (forgot the name) is awesome from what I hear, and NBA Live is finally realistic (by next year it will be contending with ESPN b-ball).
All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
--Ted Williams
BoSox4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Joe Mauer » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:40 pm

Ok......really dumb question here that is kinda related to this topic (that was spurred on from this topic):

For those of you that play games on a PC (Windows), I confess I never have played anything requiring a controler for my PC. I have exclusively played in systems throughout life from the early nintendo's through the PS2 stage and now playing on X-BOX. The X-BOX I am not going to hook up to my computer, as it is in another room and not mine. However, I have a couple questions for you.

1. Does the controller go in a USB spot on your computer and is there any recomendations on which contrller kinds or brands or types to buy or stay away from? I'd probably want one similar to an X-BOX controler. Also, how much are good controllers?

2. Any recommendations for baseball games for computer? WHat ones are offered on a computer? I know EA Sports has their also for PC. Is that a good one? I am looking for one that allows me to play against others online and does all those cool dynasty and fantasy things.

Please hook a white brother up with some 411 (info.)

Yo ;-D

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:22 pm

maur, the controller for a pc does go in the usb port and will be automatically recognized by xp if you have it. Do be aware that the pc version of MVP 2004 only supports a few controllers. Go to ea's website for the list of controllers. I had to buy a new one to play the game on my pc, I bought the Sietek p880 and it was around $20.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Pedantic » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:56 am

Mr. Mauer, might I recommend Pricegrabber. They have a good deal of user reviews, along with some of the best prices on the 'net. If you really want the best prices on the 'net, try Pricewatch. No reviews though, so you'll have to do your research elsewhere.

Sadly, I can't play MVP 2004, thanks to my sad RS200M. Gotta love laptop video cards. :-/
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to General Talk