MVP baseball '04, best sports game ever - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MVP baseball '04, best sports game ever

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:50 pm

davus wrote:
LBJackal wrote:And unlike other people who have said the computer gets too many triples, I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe it's because I have Beltran in center and he's one of the best defensively, but they're lucky if they get a double even if it goes to the wall. And I havn't changed the sliders at all.

BS!

Everybody on the internet who's played the game complains of the same thing. Even slow guys will get triples if it get's past your outfielder on the default slider settings...and you say they barely can get a double off of you?

Sorry, that is complete BS. :-t

WTF? Who the hell are you, and why are you a moron.

You're telling me what happened in the games I played? Good job genius. I'm telling you how it happened, why would I lie about that?

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djacks » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:56 pm

I haven't bought one yet, but I own last years MVP...its pretty good game play but the GM mode is just so-so...also there was no fantasy draft mode in last years version...but I've heard there is this year...so what's the recommendation for best GM modes...ESPN, All-Star, or MVP???...oh, and it has to have fantasy mode... ;-)
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:08 pm

sigtaulefty wrote:I had to do some creative accounting to trade Soriano for A-rod

A friend of mine traded Soriano and Boone for A-Rod. That worked out.

2003's gameplay was good at times, although it was too easy. GM Mode was disgusting, and not in a good way. I've never liked 2003. 2004 seems better, but as I've only played it once, I can't say for sure.

By the way, I have 2003 for PC and played 2004 on a friend's Gamecube.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Big Sexy » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:17 pm

I'd say MVP 2004 is a better than decent game. I usually Love all the EA games and can't wait for the next Madden (wonder who will be on the cover). I think the graphics are not as good as in the past. Also, you should be able to have a Fantasy mode without the AA and AAA teams. When you make a deal or call-up it takes 10-minutes to fix the lineups/rotations, etc... Overall I am enjoying it. I'm in season two already and I still play all the time, but I expected a little more. I heard the ESPN game was better, but I'll stick with this one. And by the way, I hit tons of HR's with Delgado.
"Live well, this is not a rehersal"
Big Sexy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby guest » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:33 pm

Has anyone else had this problem with MVP '04 on XBox? I can never save my points earned through the dynasty mode. I save everytime and can unlock players and jerseys, etc. but when I turn the game off and turn it back on everything I previously unlocked is LOCKED and all my points are gone.

If this is a bug, it surely is a horrible one because it defeats one of the coolest parts of the game.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jumpman8288 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:37 pm

Anyone play both All-Star Baseball and MVP? I love the ASB franchise and I'm thinking of going with that, but has anyone played both and like one more than the other?
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davus » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:04 am

LBJackal wrote:
davus wrote:
LBJackal wrote:And unlike other people who have said the computer gets too many triples, I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe it's because I have Beltran in center and he's one of the best defensively, but they're lucky if they get a double even if it goes to the wall. And I havn't changed the sliders at all.

BS!

Everybody on the internet who's played the game complains of the same thing. Even slow guys will get triples if it get's past your outfielder on the default slider settings...and you say they barely can get a double off of you?

Sorry, that is complete BS. :-t

WTF? Who the hell are you, and why are you a moron.

You're telling me what happened in the games I played? Good job genius. I'm telling you how it happened, why would I lie about that?

I don't know why you would like about that, and I'm not claiming you did. I'm just saying that since EVERYBODY else in the world has a problem with the computer getting too many triples with the default slider settings even with a bad baserunner on the paths, your claim that the computer can barely get a double off of you and you haven't touched the sliders is BS.

What...did you get the only copy of the game in the world that the default OF speed is three times as fast as everybody else's default OF speed? :-D
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:50 pm

So I guess you calling my post "BS" wasn't implying I lied.......... :-?

Like I said, since Beltran is one of the fastest players, maybe he gets to the ball faster. On many occasions, when the ball goes to the wall, Beltran gets to it and the guy never even tries for second cuz he'd be thrown out. I can remember only once in the 100 games I've played, a guy getting a triple off of me. I play in Minute Maid Park, maybe that has something to so with it, I dunno. But I didn't change any sliders.

And guest, I've had trouble with losing my points. I had 2600 or so, and when I was browsing around through what I could "buy", I went for a cheap Astro's home jersey fromm 1986. It was 600 points or soemthing. I saved it, turned it off, and I had about 200 points at that point. Dunno what's up with that, which kinda sucks. Also, another time when I had a ton of points, I didn't know how to buy old stadia (like that word ;-D ) so I bought one for 2500 by mistake, then immediately turned the system off so I didn't lose all thsoe points. I turned it back on, and all my money was gone :~(

I'm not that concerned because I'm not interested in the points as much as the Dynasty Mode, but it's definately messed up. One day I'll just use a cheat to get everything unlocked anyway.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby davus » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:20 pm

Mass triples is a well documented problem across the board

If you don't have a problem with them, congrats. You must have gotten a different version than all the other people who have even guys like Frank Thomas or Rafael Palmiero turning triples like they were nothing. ;-D
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:28 pm

I'm not saying it hasn't happened for other people, I'm saying it doesn't happen for me. I've had I think one triple hit agaist me (it bounced weird off the part that juts out in left field of Minute Maid Park). I hit plenty of them myself, especially with Rocco Baldelli, but for some reason the computer doesn't hit any off of me. Leads me to believe it's Beltran that is making the difference...I dunno. I've played on Pro all season, maybe that has something to do with it too.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk