Adjusting for inflation in auction keeper leagues & outliers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Adjusting for inflation in auction keeper leagues & outliers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adjusting for inflation in auction keeper leagues & outliers

Postby The Brickhouse » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:29 am

I know every league is different and we have to adjust auction values in different ways but I have been using an inflations calculation over the years that has helped. By taking the actual value of the keepers and dividing by the projected value heading into the season (you can use a set of values you trust or an average of a few) you can get roughly a number of how much inflation your league has. In doing this though I have come to a impasse on how to deal with high outliers. When trade deadline deals happen, players tend to go extremely overvalued because of an owners need to make a playoff push. In this example Adrian Gonzalez coming over from the Red Sox to the Dodgers a desperate owner emptied his FAAB money and spent 63 on him. With out league rules it becomes a 2 year contract and would cost $126 to void; so he will be kept. Should I include A-Gon and his ridiculous salary in my inflation calculations or ignore it as it shouldn't have a bearing on the influence of draft day values on other 1B? Thanks for reading lol and your help.
The Brickhouse
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions