Trade offer involving Profar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Trade offer involving Profar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade offer involving Profar

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:48 pm

kab21 wrote:I would pass on both offers but I think now is a good time to trade Profar. I don't see plus power (HR's) or speed (SB's) from him. If it were me then I would try to target an elite youngish arm with Profar/Skaggs. It's crazy what people will trade for 'elite' prospects.

This offseason
Sano, Arcia and spare parts for Harvey (still kind of a prospect)
Myers, Skaggs, Ventura and Odor for Sale and RWeeks
Bogaerts and Heredia for the Panda
Hedges (not elite) for Perkins

I have Skaggs in my minors already with Shelby Miller.. Im currently working on a deal for Rizzo/Teheran.. I agree to disagree with Profar.. He wont have plus power but if he fills out I could see 20/25 a year from him with 20+ steals.. His swing is amazing and smooth..I could see .300+-25 in his prime not to mention he plays a premium position.. Im not moving him unless the deal is absolutely perfect for me.. Thanks for the response..
Last edited by TurdFerguson on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kab21 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:22 am

I'm not sure if you understood but I mentioned putting Profar and Skaggs into the same offer for a player that is already established. Other owners do silly things for prospects. You might be able to target a Hamels/Price level pitcher. Or a similar hitter. I targeted Sale since the other team was selling and near elite pitchers are incredibly valuable in my league.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby TurdFerguson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:19 pm

kab21 wrote:I'm not sure if you understood but I mentioned putting Profar and Skaggs into the same offer for a player that is already established. Other owners do silly things for prospects. You might be able to target a Hamels/Price level pitcher. Or a similar hitter. I targeted Sale since the other team was selling and near elite pitchers are incredibly valuable in my league.

I agree with you on others overreacting for prospects but they are equally important in a dynasty league.. Yeah my fault on the confusion.. Pitching is hard to get in our league because there are not very many deep staffs.. ERA is the highest weighted category in our league as well..
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jeffmerk » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:31 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:
kab21 wrote:I'm not sure if you understood but I mentioned putting Profar and Skaggs into the same offer for a player that is already established. Other owners do silly things for prospects. You might be able to target a Hamels/Price level pitcher. Or a similar hitter. I targeted Sale since the other team was selling and near elite pitchers are incredibly valuable in my league.

I agree with you on others overreacting for prospects but they are equally important in a dynasty league.. Yeah my fault on the confusion.. Pitching is hard to get in our league because there are not very many deep staffs.. ERA is the highest weighted category in our league as well..

You have to have a certain amount of luck with pitchers, regardless of the league size. If you can assemble an offense that is dominant, it's not that hard to trade hitting for pitching during the season(unlike real baseball).I was able to trade Saltalamacchia for Shields at midseason last year. The other owner won the league and I came out of nowhere to finish 4th.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 90)

Postby kab21 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:19 am

TurdFerguson wrote:

I play in a 24 tm dynasty league and I have had one prospect that graduated to the majors (Alonso - now traded). I have traded pretty much every stud prospect that I have had and I have had a lot of them. We are entering out 5th year and I don't regret any of the trades (I didn't have Trout/Harper/Stras/etc). Most of the top prospects that I have traded have taken a few extra years to establish themselves or they have fizzled. That's why I suggested some fairly young pitchers to target. Skaggs is a guy I would be looking to move though. He has a lot of prospect value but I would be surprised if he was significantly above average in fantasy. K rate will drop, W's are a crapshoot and i see him in the 3.50-4.00 ERA range. A valuable pitcher but not elite.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TurdFerguson » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:44 pm

What are everyones thoughts on Sale for Profar.. Sales delivery makes me cringe and he seems destined for an arm injury.. His stuff is nasty though..
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jeffmerk » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:12 pm

jeffmerk wrote:If two players seem relatively close in value, always take the hitter over the pitcher.

I reiterate...
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kab21 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:08 pm

jeffmerk wrote:
jeffmerk wrote:If two players seem relatively close in value, always take the hitter over the pitcher.

I reiterate...

They aren't relatively close in value though. Sale's only knock is the potential for injury. He's a legit ace-lite unless that happens. Profar's knock is that he joins a long list of prospects that doesn't live up to expectations. I would make the trade but I also play in a similar league and it's impossible to get top starters. The strength of your rotation is the single biggest factor to competing in my league.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jeffmerk » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:26 pm

kab21 wrote:
jeffmerk wrote:

I reiterate...

They aren't relatively close in value though. Sale's only knock is the potential for injury. He's a legit ace-lite unless that happens. Profar's knock is that he joins a long list of prospects that doesn't live up to expectations. I would make the trade but I also play in a similar league and it's impossible to get top starters. The strength of your rotation is the single biggest factor to competing in my league.

I own Sale so I hope you're right but I'm going to need to see a second solid season out of him before I'm ready to deem him a "legit ace-lite".
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:22 pm

I really like Sale but he is destined for an arm injury.. His delivery is about as violent as it gets.. Hope Im wrong..
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball