Should i trade my first rounder?? HELP ASAP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Should i trade my first rounder?? HELP ASAP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should i trade my first rounder?? HELP ASAP

Postby tdasher06 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:58 pm

I've been offered Buster Posey and Yoenis Cespedes for Mccutchen and Yadier Molina. I really don't see Mccutchen repeating his numbers from last year. Any advice would be appreciated. From many projections I have seen Cespedes and Mccutchen have similar numbers. What do you guys think?
tdasher06
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should i trade my first rounder?? HELP ASAP

Postby plapre3 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:12 pm

I like the deal. I'll frame my response by assessing players by their ADP (from fftoolbox) as a baseline.

McCutchen - 5
Molina - 39
Posey - 13
Cespedes - 46

In terms of ADP, the players pretty much come out as a wash. However, like you, I think McCutchen is going a bit too high. Posey is a stud and now that the Giants are doing their best to keep him safe, he represents incredible value. I'm a big believer in position scarcity, so I'd rather have Posey than McCutchen. Similarly, I think people are a little too crazy for Molina. Sure, he was great last year, but he's never had that type of season before and it seems to be a classic peak season for a player in their 30s. I've seen many "experts" rank him in the 100s overall in a draft, so I like Cespedes better. Cespedes, is of course, the biggest risk here. We don't have a ton of prior data by which to evaluate him. Even still, slightly lesser numbers from last year, extrapolated for a full season of ABs look pretty nice. If you'd be comfortable with him hitting .270 20 homers, 15 steals with nice OBP as a baseline with upside for much more, he's a nice fit.

Please help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=455913&p=3587940#p3587940
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Yadier might not duplicate last season but even his type of season is not too shabby and I'd take McCutchen over Cespedes any day.

Cutch+Molina hang on to em.
viewtopic.php?t=455909
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1886)

Postby fsbarren » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:49 am

Not knowing your roster or the league format, I'd hold on to your first rounder.

If your going to trade McCutchen (and have some doubts about him), I'd look for deals with owners that are still high on him (and there are people who still are) that send you a top-10 guy in return as part of the trade. You may have to get a bit creative but I'd be patient until the right offer comes your way.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 196)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions