Need help with draft/comp issue - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need help with draft/comp issue

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help with draft/comp issue

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:51 pm

I have a situation I'm not sure how to rule on. We are doing a slow 5 round prospect only draft. One of my guys just dropped Profar/Cole/Castellanos demoting them (which is in the rules) but the prospect draft has started...which I didn't want any transactions occuring during it. My fault for failing to communicate this. Now my co-lm is asking me which picks will he surrender for those demotions if any. What is the best way to clear this up? I have ditched two drafted prospects myself for demotions but I did so before the prospect draft started - just trying to determine which draft picks should be sacked for these demotions if any...first rounds or last rounds...or just accept the demotions (in the rules to do so) and just allow the guy to pick with his first two picks and fill his roster out. I will have to adhere to this myself as well, just not sure the best way to go. I kinda dropped the ball when planning everything out and didn't really make a firm rule on it. I must admit I left it open to draft prospects in the MLB draft if you wanted..and also allowed them to be demoted as well. He wasn't going against the rules/rulings as laid out at the time.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1948)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need help with draft/comp issue

Postby plapre3 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:50 pm

If you feel that this is your fault in some was as the commissioner, I suggest opening it up to the league. Acknowledge your mistake and ask everyone to democratically find a resolution. You may wish to give them a few proposals to weigh in on (I would suggest them now, but I must admit that I am a little confused by your post). It won't be pretty, but in the end you'll be able to say that at least it was fair and are unlikely to alienate anyone in the process.

Thanks for the help with mine.
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Burt » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Cant you just put those guys back on his team and pretend it never happened? If they were not suppose to be able to demote during the draft, this seems like the most logical thing to do.
Burt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby ggs » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:32 pm

^agree with the above as it seems like the best damage control at this point. can't really do much else if the rules weren't entirely explicit, and better to have full transparency with the league so no one gets too upset.
ggs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 115)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Seanyfever » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:08 pm

I like above as well.... There are times a league rule does not address something.... This is why the real baseball rule book is so big... Discuss te situation and come to understanding for now and later.
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 290)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions