Canada Mexico Fight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Canada Mexico Fight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Canada Mexico Fight

Postby GRIN » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:10 am

J35J wrote:To make even more legit, lets shrink the regular season down to like 145 games, then make a 2 week All-Star break where this tourny is played. That way you have everyone's arms in mid season shape and all the hitters have their timing down, etc. Now that would be fun!! :-)

;-D
20 team baseball H2H keeper league
14 team basketball H2H keeper league (looking for expansion teams)
20 team hockey H2H keeper league
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:47 am

It would also help if they changed up the format a little bit. First, they should require the players to hold citizenship in the country they wish to play for (or at least spend a fair amount of time in that country). I can't get into the "Team Italy is awesome" story when it has nothing to do with Italian baseball and everything to do with Italian-American baseball. Also, they need to either add more games and time or go to a format with lesser rounds. Deciding you champion based on 3 games of 3 rounds in stupid franklky. The sample is so small that any team can win and it wont change my opinion of any of them.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Izenhart » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:14 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:It would also help if they changed up the format a little bit. First, they should require the players to hold citizenship in the country they wish to play for (or at least spend a fair amount of time in that country). I can't get into the "Team Italy is awesome" story when it has nothing to do with Italian baseball and everything to do with Italian-American baseball. Also, they need to either add more games and time or go to a format with lesser rounds. Deciding you champion based on 3 games of 3 rounds in stupid franklky. The sample is so small that any team can win and it wont change my opinion of any of them.

You're missing the point, its about fun, not who has the better balanced squad over a long season. 3 games, 5 or 7 all of these have their flaws and none prevent the lesser teams from winning. The 3 game set gives more hope to the underdog sure, but so what.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby jeffmerk » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Izenhart wrote:
buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:It would also help if they changed up the format a little bit. First, they should require the players to hold citizenship in the country they wish to play for (or at least spend a fair amount of time in that country). I can't get into the "Team Italy is awesome" story when it has nothing to do with Italian baseball and everything to do with Italian-American baseball. Also, they need to either add more games and time or go to a format with lesser rounds. Deciding you champion based on 3 games of 3 rounds in stupid franklky. The sample is so small that any team can win and it wont change my opinion of any of them.

You're missing the point, its about fun, not who has the better balanced squad over a long season. 3 games, 5 or 7 all of these have their flaws and none prevent the lesser teams from winning. The 3 game set gives more hope to the underdog sure, but so what.

Correct. The tournament is mostly about generating interest in the game in other parts of the world.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers