Strengths/ Weaknesses of my team? First post! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Strengths/ Weaknesses of my team? First post!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Strengths/ Weaknesses of my team? First post!

Postby ahaight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 am

Hey all this is my first post. I recently drafted a team in a standard 12 team head-to-head style Yahoo league. I was going for complete domination in pitching this year while keeping together a solid offensive line up as well as I could. What sort of strengths/weaknesses do you guys see with my line up? Post a link to your team and I will rate back!

C: Salvador Perez
1st: Joey Votto
2nd: Brandon Philips
3rd: Mark Trumbo
SS: Alcides Escobar
OF: Josh Hamilton
OF: Melky Cabrera
OF: Josh Willingham
Util: Will Middlebrooks
Util: Jonathon Lucroy
Bench: Dexter Fowler
Bench: David Murphy
Bench: Ryan Ludwig

SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Johnny Cueto
RP: Craig Kimbrel
RP: Aroldis Chapman (I know, as of now Yahoo only categorizes him as RP)
P: Jason Motte
P: Jim Johnson
P: Matt Harrison
P: Ryan Dempter
Bench: Jose Valverde
Bench: Tyler Clippard

Scoring settings in my league: Runs, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, Wins, Saves, K's, ERA, WHIP

My only regret during the draft was not investing more in players who can Steal. My goal is to lock up certain undervalued categories with complete domination. I'm confident in my pitching as I think I should dominate in Saves, ERA and WHIP categories but can anyone point me to some tips with my offensive line up? Anyone see any certain positions I should focus on maybe grabbing a back up for? Post your team and I'll rate it back!
ahaight
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Strengths/ Weaknesses of my team? First post!

Postby Kimbos Beard » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:23 pm

Its a solid team.

I don't know if Lucroy will produce enough to justify playing him at your 2nd Utility spot.
You are definitely light on speed, but you can probably easily address that by adding a guy like Rajai Davis or Cameron Maybin to your bench and rotating them in when you can, at least thats an idea for now.

Your pitching is nice. If Chapman is a stud you will be a dominant staff. If he isn't I think your staff will be good, but I don't know if it will dominate the league.

I'm not a Melky fan, but thats a personal preference and it all depends when you got him in the draft.

Overall, I don't see why you cant compete with this team.

Thanks for the help on mine
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby ahaight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Thanks a lot man I appreciate the feedback! Ya i hope im not overconfident in my pitching staff i picked up chapman pretty early in the draft but i had him last year i think hell pay dividends. And ill definitely look into those speed guys and i feel the same way about lucroy also well see how he performs this year.
ahaight
T-Ball Trainer

Postby freepeterose » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Looks good all around, not a big Melky Fan though
freepeterose
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby afro.asiatic » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:33 pm

as stated earlier idk bout lucroy taking up position as your second utility guy. In regards to steals i feel you can get them via the waiver wire with guys like craig gentry and whoever else is available in your league. Being that you're in just a 12 team league it should be relatively easy to find some on waivers, maybe get rid of murphy as i dont trust him in h2h formats and the only thing i see him offering is a somewhat decent average. Hope that helps, im not very good at giving advice but i tried. have a good season!
afro.asiatic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ayebatter » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:42 pm

Melky will be a solid #2 OF for you, don't listen to the naysayers.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby ahaight » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Thanks for the tips guys! Yeah with Melky he did wonders for me the last 2 seasons (until the roids thing at least) but at the same time those have been his only really productive seasons to date so we'll see and yeah I was actually lucky enough to pick up De Aza because someone in my league dropped him for a prospect. I dropped Jose Valverde to pick up De Aza since it looks like Valverde will remain a FA for some time.
ahaight
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team