"Your Guys" for 2013 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

"Your Guys" for 2013

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: "Your Guys" for 2013

Postby jtsandwich » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:48 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I think I'm the only person predicting a big season for kendrys morales.
Cleanup hitter for the mariners in a more hitter friendly safeco. Not going to get 2009 numbers but better than last year. 29 is a good age for a slugger.

;-D
I'm on board with Kendry as well. I also like Butler, C Lee, Worley (cheap) Rios, Utley (gulp), Eaton, Hart
jtsandwich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 104)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:01 pm

I'm hearing a lot of people talk up Worley as a cheap, solid pitcher and I'm not getting the hype. He hasn't pitched over 140 innings yet and he has one year where he put up good but not great numbers. He plays for a bad Twins team where 10 wins is going to be a stretch and it's tough to project 150 K's from a guy who hasn't shown he can throw the 170 innings needed to get there. I understand that he's going in the last rounds of drafts, but I think there is higher upside than Worley in the last rounds whether it be prospects, guys coming back from injuries or guys who have 1 good year like Worley but have put together a full years workload.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby umphrey » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Straily in the late rounds. Could be in the MLB to start or maybe not til June, but he is a strong play when he is.
umphrey
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SpecialFNK » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Todd Frazier is someone i'm hoping to get. but I have a feeling many people are going to be targetting him, so he may be over valued.

Jayson Werth is also someone I'm targetting. I think the power returns. when he came back from being injured last year his wrist was still bothering him. he should be fully healed now. I read an article this past week where he also says he is going back to his "HR bat". when he came back last year he used a different weight bat, he called his "AVG bat". now I don't think he gets to numbers like he had with the Phillies, but I'm thinking around 20 plus. he's also someone who can run and maybe steal 15-20. it looks like he is going to be in a good spot in the order, batting 2nd between Span and Harper.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:02 pm

I've been buying solid stock in Rutledge, but the upside value there is limited when he seems to be everyone's 2B 'sleeper' Frazier, Ichiro, Aoki are three other guys who seem to be good draft value in most drafts. I've also drafted Bonifacio and Neise a lot - both guys seem pretty undervalued more often than not (especially Bonifacio). I like Eaton a fair bit, but he's going earlier than I'd like in most drafts. A short list of late round guys that seem to be solid (or at least dipped in upside) - Brett Wallace, Michael Brantley, Shelby Miller.
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby kevinbaseballer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Bonafacio I'm a fan of. If he didn't get hurt last year he would have a lot better numbers and as long as he gets the starting position in that lineup. He'll be a high run scoring base stealing machine for very cheap.
kevinbaseballer
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)

Postby OBPlover » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 pm

kevinbaseballer wrote:Bonafacio I'm a fan of. If he didn't get hurt last year he would have a lot better numbers and as long as he gets the starting position in that lineup. He'll be a high run scoring base stealing machine for very cheap.

Boni doesn't have a set position spot and even when he does play, he will be batting in the bottom of the lineup.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 133)

Postby SpecialFNK » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:46 pm

if Bonifacio can win the 2B job and bat out of the 9 spot in front of Reyes, he could have some nice numbers.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:if Bonifacio can win the 2B job and bat out of the 9 spot in front of Reyes, he could have some nice numbers.

Even if he doesn't win the 2B job outright he'll see time at SS an in the OF as well in a super-utility role. I'm pretty confident he'll get more than enough ABs to be relevant. And yeah, even batting 9th he'll be fine, and if he spends some time batting 2nd he'll be even better.
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The Mighty Men » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:07 am

Padsin05 wrote:the Werewolf

Wat???
The Mighty Men
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor