"Your Guys" for 2013 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

"Your Guys" for 2013

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

"Your Guys" for 2013

Postby JackShephard » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:55 am

Who are the 2-3 guys that you are really targeting this year? Give a reason or two for each.

*does not have to be a sleeper, can be anyone who you are willing to reach a little for
JackShephard
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: "Your Guys" for 2013

Postby J35J » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:42 am

JackShephard wrote:Who are the 2-3 guys that you are really targeting this year? Give a reason or two for each.

*does not have to be a sleeper, can be anyone who you are willing to reach a little for

I don't really target players but guys that have been falling to me in most mocks I've done are AGon, Pedroia, Rutledge, Aramis, Pablo, Holliday, Choo, Rios, Cliff Lee, Greinke, Lincecum. All these guys seem to be solid value to me in most drafts.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby kevinbaseballer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Billy Butler is so underrated the last 2 years especially when you compare his stats at first compared to the higher players and draft position.
kevinbaseballer
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 pm

J35J wrote:
JackShephard wrote:Who are the 2-3 guys that you are really targeting this year? Give a reason or two for each.

I don't really target players but guys that have been falling to me in most mocks I've done are AGon, Pedroia, Rutledge, Aramis, Pablo, Holliday, Choo, Rios, Cliff Lee, Greinke, Lincecum. All these guys seem to be solid value to me in most drafts.

Very good list, I'm on board with almost all of them. I'll add Ichiro and Pagan as well.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Padsin05 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:06 pm

the Werewolf is one of the guys I am targetting again as I did in 2011, and getting him very late and very cheap.

Headley is another guy, who I think finishes top 3 at his position and is still undervalued cause hes a Padre
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby J35J » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:08 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
J35J wrote:

Very good list, I'm on board with almost all of them. I'll add Ichiro and Pagan as well.

Yes, Ichiro as well, and to a lesser extent Butler but I think he is being taken higher and higher each time I mock. I've yet to draft Pagan though I have nothing against him.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Padsin05 wrote:the Werewolf is one of the guys I am targetting again as I did in 2011, and getting him very late and very cheap.

Headley is another guy, who I think finishes top 3 at his position and is still undervalued cause hes a Padre

I assume the Werewolf is Werth? If so then I definitely agree.

Headley is going around where he should I think. If you're expecting a repeat of last year you're probably gonna be disappointed. I don't think he can sustain the average or the power, and the runs and RBIs will fall as a result. He's probably a 5th rounder or so which is around where he's being taken.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:29 pm

I think I'm the only person predicting a big season for kendrys morales.
Cleanup hitter for the mariners in a more hitter friendly safeco. Not going to get 2009 numbers but better than last year. 29 is a good age for a slugger.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby jfg » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:23 pm

kevinbaseballer wrote:Billy Butler is so underrated the last 2 years especially when you compare his stats at first compared to the higher players and draft position.

I'm actually reaching for Butler in my drafts because I feel like he's the guy in the 3rd-4th round range who has the best chance of becoming a 1st round talent and at worst he's a 4th round talent.

I like Aoki a lot this year. Stolen bases are easy to come by this year, but if you wait until after Aoki, average becomes an issue. For where he's going it's a good value of 2nd tier stolen bases without getting hurt anywhere else.

This pertains to a couple guys, but I'm definitely not getting caught up in the 4th-8th round 2nd basemen. I've been looking at Walker and Kendrick in every draft because all the second baseman before them just aren't going at a place where I think they bring in good value considering value picks like Walker and Kendrick exist a few rounds later.

Will Middlebrooks is on all my teams either as my starting 3rd baseman or a CI. There's nobody in the 2nd-3rd tier of 3rd baseman that I feel comfortable with. 1st tier is good outside of Longoria, but if I don't get one of those guys or I have a CI spot, I've been drafting Middlebrooks and so far he's come at the value I expected.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby OBPlover » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:38 pm

I'm targeting Yoenis Cespedes. Can be had for $20-$25 in most of the leagues I've joined. A bit injury risky. But he's a 5 category performer. He hits everywhere and it seems, against anyone. For $23 I'm buying.

For Catchers, I think Matt Wieters will finally breakout and be the stud a lot of people projected off him.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 118)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers