"Your Guys" for 2013 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

"Your Guys" for 2013

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

"Your Guys" for 2013

Postby JackShephard » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:55 am

Who are the 2-3 guys that you are really targeting this year? Give a reason or two for each.

*does not have to be a sleeper, can be anyone who you are willing to reach a little for
JackShephard
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 32
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: "Your Guys" for 2013

Postby J35J » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:42 am

JackShephard wrote:Who are the 2-3 guys that you are really targeting this year? Give a reason or two for each.

*does not have to be a sleeper, can be anyone who you are willing to reach a little for


I don't really target players but guys that have been falling to me in most mocks I've done are AGon, Pedroia, Rutledge, Aramis, Pablo, Holliday, Choo, Rios, Cliff Lee, Greinke, Lincecum. All these guys seem to be solid value to me in most drafts.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 363)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: "Your Guys" for 2013

Postby kevinbaseballer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Billy Butler is so underrated the last 2 years especially when you compare his stats at first compared to the higher players and draft position.
kevinbaseballer
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 214
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: "Your Guys" for 2013

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 pm

J35J wrote:
JackShephard wrote:Who are the 2-3 guys that you are really targeting this year? Give a reason or two for each.

*does not have to be a sleeper, can be anyone who you are willing to reach a little for


I don't really target players but guys that have been falling to me in most mocks I've done are AGon, Pedroia, Rutledge, Aramis, Pablo, Holliday, Choo, Rios, Cliff Lee, Greinke, Lincecum. All these guys seem to be solid value to me in most drafts.


Very good list, I'm on board with almost all of them. I'll add Ichiro and Pagan as well.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14142
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: "Your Guys" for 2013

Postby Padsin05 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:06 pm

the Werewolf is one of the guys I am targetting again as I did in 2011, and getting him very late and very cheap.

Headley is another guy, who I think finishes top 3 at his position and is still undervalued cause hes a Padre
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1540
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: "Your Guys" for 2013

Postby J35J » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:08 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
J35J wrote:
JackShephard wrote:Who are the 2-3 guys that you are really targeting this year? Give a reason or two for each.

*does not have to be a sleeper, can be anyone who you are willing to reach a little for


I don't really target players but guys that have been falling to me in most mocks I've done are AGon, Pedroia, Rutledge, Aramis, Pablo, Holliday, Choo, Rios, Cliff Lee, Greinke, Lincecum. All these guys seem to be solid value to me in most drafts.


Very good list, I'm on board with almost all of them. I'll add Ichiro and Pagan as well.

Yes, Ichiro as well, and to a lesser extent Butler but I think he is being taken higher and higher each time I mock. I've yet to draft Pagan though I have nothing against him.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 363)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: "Your Guys" for 2013

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Padsin05 wrote:the Werewolf is one of the guys I am targetting again as I did in 2011, and getting him very late and very cheap.

Headley is another guy, who I think finishes top 3 at his position and is still undervalued cause hes a Padre


I assume the Werewolf is Werth? If so then I definitely agree.

Headley is going around where he should I think. If you're expecting a repeat of last year you're probably gonna be disappointed. I don't think he can sustain the average or the power, and the runs and RBIs will fall as a result. He's probably a 5th rounder or so which is around where he's being taken.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14142
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: "Your Guys" for 2013

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:29 pm

I think I'm the only person predicting a big season for kendrys morales.
Cleanup hitter for the mariners in a more hitter friendly safeco. Not going to get 2009 numbers but better than last year. 29 is a good age for a slugger.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: "Your Guys" for 2013

Postby jfg » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:23 pm

kevinbaseballer wrote:Billy Butler is so underrated the last 2 years especially when you compare his stats at first compared to the higher players and draft position.


I'm actually reaching for Butler in my drafts because I feel like he's the guy in the 3rd-4th round range who has the best chance of becoming a 1st round talent and at worst he's a 4th round talent.

I like Aoki a lot this year. Stolen bases are easy to come by this year, but if you wait until after Aoki, average becomes an issue. For where he's going it's a good value of 2nd tier stolen bases without getting hurt anywhere else.

This pertains to a couple guys, but I'm definitely not getting caught up in the 4th-8th round 2nd basemen. I've been looking at Walker and Kendrick in every draft because all the second baseman before them just aren't going at a place where I think they bring in good value considering value picks like Walker and Kendrick exist a few rounds later.

Will Middlebrooks is on all my teams either as my starting 3rd baseman or a CI. There's nobody in the 2nd-3rd tier of 3rd baseman that I feel comfortable with. 1st tier is good outside of Longoria, but if I don't get one of those guys or I have a CI spot, I've been drafting Middlebrooks and so far he's come at the value I expected.
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: "Your Guys" for 2013

Postby OBPlover » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:38 pm

I'm targeting Yoenis Cespedes. Can be had for $20-$25 in most of the leagues I've joined. A bit injury risky. But he's a 5 category performer. He hits everywhere and it seems, against anyone. For $23 I'm buying.

For Catchers, I think Matt Wieters will finally breakout and be the stud a lot of people projected off him.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 628
(Past Year: 118)
Joined: 1 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact