Tiers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tiers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tiers

Postby Dugout Diamonds » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:14 am

Which site do you guys use to get setup for positional tiers?
Used one in the past, but can't locate it.
Dugout Diamonds
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tiers

Postby J35J » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:59 am

If you have dollar values then each tier is easy to see. Otherwise if you are doing it your self with just the rankings you have then it can be as simple as starting a new tier when you don't feel comfortable draft "said" guy like you would the previous 4-5 guys...at that point you have a new tier...then if the next 9-10 guys are all the same to you and you'd be comfortable drafting any of them in the next couple rounds then they are all in the next tier, etc.

Example...

Tier 1
Clayton Kershaw (LAD, SP)
Justin Verlander (DET, SP)

Tier 2 - I'm fine with drafting any of these guys and will try to just wait for whichever one falls the furthest and not reach for the first guy in the tier.
Stephen Strasburg (WSH, SP)
Cliff Lee (PHI, SP)
Cole Hamels (PHI, SP)
David Price (TB, SP)
Felix Hernandez (SEA, SP)

Tier 3 - Again, comfortable taking any of these guys but for me they are a tick down from Tier 2, will also try to wait to grab which of these guys fall the furthest and not just reaching for the first guy out of the tier.
Zack Greinke (LAD, SP)
Matt Cain (SF, SP)
Jered Weaver (LAA, SP)
Madison Bumgarner (SF, SP)
Adam Wainwright (STL, SP)
Yu Darvish (TEX, SP)
Gio Gonzalez (WSH, SP)
Chris Sale (CWS, SP)
CC Sabathia (NYY, SP)

If you are just trying to find tiers without doing it yourself then I'm sure you can find them all over the web. Rookie will have the MDP setup in tiers shortly as well so that may be what you are looking for. Giants' spreadsheet may be setup in tiers as well, not sure.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Re: Tiers

Postby Dugout Diamonds » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:08 pm

J35J, Thanks for the reply. I remember using a tier set-up that was in a "portrait size" , full page display, that had Ca -OF tiers, that made it easy to see which, if any, of the positional players should go in the 1st rd,
2nd rd, and so forth. It was an easy to read/use set-up. I guess it wouldn't be that hard to make one up, after coming up with or making a list you liked.
Again, thanks
Dugout Diamonds
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 26)

Return to Baseball Leftovers