adding players before draft?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

adding players before draft??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

adding players before draft??

Postby tantrix1969 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:49 pm

OK a keeper league I have been in for 3 yrs now has an owner who decided to add a couple free agents (no they werent locked after season for some reason and never had an owner pick up any until now) and then he posted that he wants to trade them for draft picks. After seeing this I posted a msg saying this shouldn't be allowed and imo it's cheating. Everyone who responded basicly thinks I'm overreacting and it's no big deal. So just want some opinions on what yall consider this, am I overreacting?
tantrix1969
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: adding players before draft??

Postby ayebatter » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Too bad you're in a league that condones cheating in fact I just found out I was in one too I'm looking to exit before I blow a gasket.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BoBtheMule » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:46 pm

tantrix1969 wrote:OK a keeper league I have been in for 3 yrs now has an owner who decided to add a couple free agents (no they werent locked after season for some reason and never had an owner pick up any until now) and then he posted that he wants to trade them for draft picks. After seeing this I posted a msg saying this shouldn't be allowed and imo it's cheating. Everyone who responded basicly thinks I'm overreacting and it's no big deal. So just want some opinions on what yall consider this, am I overreacting?

I don't think it's blatant cheating but there's no reason to allow adds like that if it's a keeper league and it should be turned off. If that was the commish's intention, then Adds should be locked and the players dropped.

Bob
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Mostly it is the sort of thing you'd really want to have spelled out in rules ahead of time. When things like this come up in the heat of battle, they are often contentious.

In this case, I would tend not to allow such a thing. A league could decide to do so, but that would be better if everyone was on a level playing field and expected it.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby bigmck » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Any of you guys who think in a Keeper League you can just pick up FA before the Draft are just not thinking. That is a definate NO NO. Fantasy Sports Genie, I would not have expected that from you.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:51 pm

bigmck wrote:Any of you guys who think in a Keeper League you can just pick up FA before the Draft are just not thinking. That is a definate NO NO. Fantasy Sports Genie, I would not have expected that from you.

What I said is that I'd expect a keeper league to have rules in place. Do you agree with that?
I also said if I was establishing rules, I wouldn't allow it. Do you agree with that?
Is the disagreement that people shouldn't be able to run keeper leagues the way they choose to do so? heh
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Return to Commissioner's Corner