Yahoo Keeper/ Trade Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo Keeper/ Trade Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Keeper/ Trade Question

Postby northjersey78 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:55 pm

So I run a H2H league where we keep 3 players each year. Last year, keepers were selected and used as the first 3 draft picks - so when the live draft started,m those 3 rounds were automatic, then we essentially stated in round 4.

Getting ready for the same this year - currently the teams are settling on their keepers before the deadline next weekend. The issue is that I have an owner who wants to trade a non-keeper for a draft pick. So basically a player on his roster now will be traded to another team and kept there. This is essentially the same functionality of trading players/ draft picks that is in effect during the season with Yahoo.

So the question is - can I manipulate player rosters and draft picks AFTER the keeper deadline but BEFORE the draft? Otherwise I'm afraid we'll need to draft as is, then make the change after the season begins which would be confusing.
http://www.newyorksportstown.com

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers, Devils, Isanders, Knicks, Nets, Rutgers
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Keeper/ Trade Question

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:30 pm

When your keeper deadline passes, you *must* use the Custom Draft Order tool to set up your draft order and slot in keepers, or else the declaring keepers process was pointless. So at that stage, you can slot any player into any pick, assign any pick to any team, etc. etc. as long as every team has the same number of picks (with or without a player preslotted).
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby northjersey78 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Perfect, that's what I was hoping.

So if Team A is trading Mike Stanton to Team B for their 4th round pick, Team A should not select Stanton as a keeper - and I will just manually assign Stanton to Team B and manually assign the 4th round pick to Team B, correct?

northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:29 pm

northjersey78 wrote:Perfect, that's what I was hoping.

So if Team A is trading Mike Stanton to Team B for their 4th round pick, Team A should not select Stanton as a keeper - and I will just manually assign Stanton to Team B and manually assign the 4th round pick to Team B, correct?

I can tell you what I've been doing in my league. If you imported rosters from the previous season, you can move players around prior to protections using the commish edit rosters tool. So if they made that trade today, for example, you could:

- Drop Stanton from Team A
- Add Stanton to Team B
- Go switch the 4th round pick from B to A
- Presumably switch a last round pick from A to B to keep the rosters/picks balanced
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby northjersey78 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Aha, that's exactly what I needed- moved Stanton to the correct team, just need to wait until we finalize keepers to adjust the draft pick.

northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SkipperStyle » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:31 pm

I have a similar question. I finalized keepers and assigned them to teams, AND I manually adjusted traded draft picks from last season (I tried to have Yahoo do it automatically with the "import traded draft picks" button, but that was greyed out and not letting me use it). The draft picks page has an alert saying that the commissioner hasn't updated last seasons draft picks though. Is that message an error? Anyone know whats going on?
SkipperStyle
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:53 pm

SkipperStyle wrote:I have a similar question. I finalized keepers and assigned them to teams, AND I manually adjusted traded draft picks from last season (I tried to have Yahoo do it automatically with the "import traded draft picks" button, but that was greyed out and not letting me use it). The draft picks page has an alert saying that the commissioner hasn't updated last seasons draft picks though. Is that message an error? Anyone know whats going on?

What is your league id? There are any number of things you can do that make it impossible to import picks; you are warned about most/all of them. Things like:

- A team that traded picks hasn't returned to the league
- You have changed the roster size to be less than a round that has traded picks (i.e. last year someone traded a 27th round pick, but now you have 25 man rosters)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner