What's Your Fantasy Baseball Resume? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's Your Fantasy Baseball Resume?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What's Your Fantasy Baseball Resume?

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:26 pm

I just became the first owner to ever win the league daullaz is the commish of in back-to-back seasons. Gameday bucket go boom.

What do you mean I co-run the team with Kyle? What? Who?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby daullaz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:30 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I just became the first owner to ever win the league daullaz is the commish of in back-to-back seasons. Gameday bucket go boom.

Except that the Bums won it two straight years immediately before you did, so you're really the second and a half owner (and the half is being generous).
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 pm

daullaz wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:I just became the first owner to ever win the league daullaz is the commish of in back-to-back seasons. Gameday bucket go boom.

Except that the Bums won it two straight years immediately before you did, so you're really the second and a half owner (and the half is being generous).

Lies. Its all lies.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Verminator » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Well... my resume is brief but I hope it raises eyebrows based on level of competition.

Started in 2007 with one league, 2008 with two leagues, then three leagues from that point forward. All money leagues.

One mixed 12 team keeper league... Joined in 2007, won league titles in 2009, 2010, and 2012. No other money finishes.
One NL only 13 team keeper league (auction)... Joined in 2008, in the money 2 of 5 years... a 4th place finish in 2009 and a 2nd place finish in 2012 (down to the last day... dammit! :-P )
One NFBC "simulation" 15 team league... Joined in 2011... 4th place in 2011, 5th place in 2012.

I should mention I inherited crap teams in both keeper leagues... complete crap! B-)
When it comes to exaggerating, I always give 110%.
Verminator
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Sticky Spice » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:40 pm

A good example of how it's hard to judge skill is my experience in my 20-team mixed keeper that I joined in 1993. In 20 years I have only won it once (2003 - thank you Esteban Loaiza). Other teams have won it all three times. But I am atop the league power rankings with 12 top-5 finishes in those 20 years. The next closest has 9. It's tough to be competitive every year in a deep keeper when each year has multiple teams rebuilding.

Then my wife asks me who is on top in terms of what counts - MONEY. And I just hang my head in shame :,-(
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:16 am

Kyle told me you phoned it in last season, and he's the heart and soul of that team
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:47 am

Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:07 am

Been playing money keepers since 1987. Back when Andre Dawson was the man. Really don't like free leagues that much. I did do i think, 5 Masters and 1 Pond Scum league. Took 2nd twice in Masters, 3rd last year, with a 7th and 9th. Scum, had a 2nd there. I bowed out of Masters this year, to focus on all my money leagues. The competition is fun and tough, but the extra cash is a nice reward.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby J35J » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 am

Havok1517 wrote:I'm very good. Dr. Oz agrees!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujulhy1m0g18j ... ings.JPG?m

This also illustrates the extremes of good fantasy leagues. Pogo is a very good fantasy baseball mind and he finished last that year. And I turned out an awesome finish as well. !+)

Sticky Spice wrote: But I am atop the league power rankings with 12 top-5 finishes in those 20 years. The next closest has 9.

Thats a cool idea so I went and tallied the Cafeholics Masters league(15 teams) to see who's averaged the best finish the last 5 years('08-'12) and I only chose those that played in the league at least 3 times over those last 5 years. The league has been going on longer than this I do believe so if anyone wants to expand on this that has been in this league longer than I have, feel free. Just a reminder to those that may not know, you have to finish top 10 to stay in the Masters league otherwise you move down to the Pond Scum league and the top 5 finishers from Pond Scum will move up to the Masters. Also, since I did this all fairly quickly I might have missed someone but it's kinda difficult to figure out who everyone is, especially if they change team names each year, let me know If I completely messed this up for anyone, or if I left anyone out that has played in the Masters at least 3 times since '08.

mbuser(4 leagues) 7th,2nd,6th,1st - avg 4th (Awesome player, very consistant...isn't buser a Yahoo writer?)

HOOTIE(4 leagues)7th,3rd,11th,2nd - avg 6th (Nice to have 2 top 3 finishes, your 5th league must have been before '08?)

daullaz (3 leagues)5th,1st,11th - avg 6th (Had that dominate year in '11)

J35J (5 leagues)12th,10th,9th,1st,4th - avg 7.2th (Started off well with the 4th and 1st, but these last couple years you can see why I'm only doing 1 league this year. %-6 )

Havok (4 leagues)1st,11th,13th,7th - avg 8th (Nice win last year! )

Slomo(5 leagues)10th,6th,10th,4th,10th - avg 8th (Only 1 top 5 but has managed to stay in the Masters league the last 5 years which is a nice accomplishment)

Chris(4 leagues)13th,6th,2nd,9th - avg 8th (Took second to me in '09 but Chris also won the H2H WS like 4 years in or row or something crazy like that.)

Pogo(5 leagues)15th,5th,8th,10th,3rd - avg 8.2th (2 Top 5 finishes and has been in the league each of the last 5 years.)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Bwanna » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:47 am

Bunch of youngsters on here.

Been playing since 1986. First league was an NL-only league using Waggoner's rules from the book [below], only difference was were were poor guys right out of college, so we used a tenth of the recommended salaries ($.10 vs $1 min salary). 1st place three years, and stayed active in this league for 10. As we eventually moved away, we still all drove or flew back to Dallas for the draft, then for the winner's celebration with Yoohoo. Winner's portion of pot was usually around $400. Did it all on paper first couple of years, then our commish subscribed to USA Today's BBS stat service, compiled the rankings and faxed them to us each week. Hi-tech baby.

http://amzn.com/0553340816

Took a 10 year break after I was spending more time working deals on the phone that I was with my family.

Now just play for free and for fun online. Miss those old days of face-to-face drafts.

EDIT: Players of interest from those early days...
- Von Hayes, Andre Dawson, Mike Schmidt were on my first team.
- Drafted Jeff Bagwell to my farm when he was still wiht the BoSox.
- Drafted Marquis Grissom when he was going to be the next Andre Dawson
- Once worked a deal to get Kevin Bass for Marvell Wynne after Wynne went off in a game with a couple of dingers.

Good times.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 244)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers