With the fifth pick... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

With the fifth pick...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who do you take with the fifth pick in a re-draft?

Joey Votto
18
29%
Matt Kemp
26
41%
Carlos Gonzalez
0
No votes
Albert Pujols
13
21%
Andrew McCutchen
6
10%
Prince Fielder
0
No votes
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 63

Re: With the fifth pick...

Postby bayside » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:All I'm saying is that given Votto's skillset, I don't see him hitting more than 25-30 HR due to the fact that he's only gonna get like 500-550 at bats, and that's only if the power comes back and he stays healthy.

I agree with this.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1344
(Past Year: 190)
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: WHOOOOOS got it better than us?

Re: With the fifth pick...

Postby OBPlover » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:28 pm

bayside wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:All I'm saying is that given Votto's skillset, I don't see him hitting more than 25-30 HR due to the fact that he's only gonna get like 500-550 at bats, and that's only if the power comes back and he stays healthy.

I agree with this.


I agree with it too. But mostly because of Votto's lack of raw power...not his walk rate.

If he goes .320 with 100+ Runs and RBI's and 25-30 HRs, I'd be pretty satisfied with a 5th overall pick.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 561
(Past Year: 244)
Joined: 1 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: With the fifth pick...

Postby isayfujobu » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 pm

FWIW: Votto just missed an opposite field HR in his first AB for team Canada at Chase Field. Went the other way with a pitch outside, and killed it but it was just foul. Then promptly drew a walk. This is a good sign.
isayfujobu
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 76
(Past Year: 59)
Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: With the fifth pick...

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Still close. I'll give it a couple more days.
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 57)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: With the fifth pick...

Postby Izenhart » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm doing a slow online mock and just got the 9th pick, and was faced with deciding between Votto and Kemp. It is a no transaction league with a large bench, so durability is a concern. I went with Votto. Kemp was pretty dinged up last year and I have more faith that Votto is @ 100% health currently and going forward
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1586
(Past Year: 531)
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Big Papiville

Re: With the fifth pick...

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Lotta injury/bust risks here. I definitely don't want to be picking near the middle of the first round this year. Went with Votto though, as he seems the safest.
Image

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3540
(Past Year: 135)
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: With the fifth pick...

Postby TheRock » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:01 am

Izenhart wrote:I'm doing a slow online mock and just got the 9th pick, and was faced with deciding between Votto and Kemp. It is a no transaction league with a large bench, so durability is a concern. I went with Votto. Kemp was pretty dinged up last year and I have more faith that Votto is @ 100% health currently and going forward


Wait, what? Who went 1-8?
Image
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3053
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 16 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: America's Heartland

Re: With the fifth pick...

Postby Izenhart » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 am

TheRock wrote:
Izenhart wrote:I'm doing a slow online mock and just got the 9th pick, and was faced with deciding between Votto and Kemp. It is a no transaction league with a large bench, so durability is a concern. I went with Votto. Kemp was pretty dinged up last year and I have more faith that Votto is @ 100% health currently and going forward


Wait, what? Who went 1-8?


MCab, Trout, Braun, Pujols, Cano, Fielder, McCutchen, CarGo
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1586
(Past Year: 531)
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Big Papiville

Re: With the fifth pick...

Postby Izenhart » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:04 am

Izenhart wrote:
TheRock wrote:
Izenhart wrote:I'm doing a slow online mock and just got the 9th pick, and was faced with deciding between Votto and Kemp. It is a no transaction league with a large bench, so durability is a concern. I went with Votto. Kemp was pretty dinged up last year and I have more faith that Votto is @ 100% health currently and going forward


Wait, what? Who went 1-8?


MCab, Trout, Braun, Pujols, Cano, Fielder, McCutchen, CarGo


and apparently, according to the 53 votes cast, my league had the only two people who would take Fielder and CarGo in front of Kemp :-D
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1586
(Past Year: 531)
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Big Papiville

Re: With the fifth pick...

Postby kellythemick » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:Pujols for me. I think he's still a relatively safe pick and has a good shot at putting up elite numbers.

+1
If it's obvious it's probably true.
kellythemick
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 304
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ayebatter, Nerveclinic and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact