2013 New York Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 New York Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 New York Yankees

Postby kab21 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:08 am

toledomudhens wrote:You know, I keep hearing that no one will trade for cano because he is a FA next year, BUT what did the angels give for grienke last season, and I am pretty sure tex was traded during his FA year to a contender....why not cano?....It won't be the first nor the last time we see teams sell the farm for that chance to go to the ship...Thats why I gave 2 teams that have $$$ and can afford to possibly re sign both players i listed. Again I never ever say that this is the way it is, I am just sorta wishing we could do somethings like this....and that canada/mexico fight fight was AWSOME......go canada go....lol

They will get a good prospect or two but they aren't getting anything close to Jordan Zimmerman AND two good prospects.

I'm not sure you want to defend your position with the Greinke trade. Segura, hellweg and Pena is not a haul of prospects.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby toledomudhens » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:26 pm

kab21 wrote:
toledomudhens wrote:You know, I keep hearing that no one will trade for cano because he is a FA next year, BUT what did the angels give for grienke last season, and I am pretty sure tex was traded during his FA year to a contender....why not cano?....It won't be the first nor the last time we see teams sell the farm for that chance to go to the ship...Thats why I gave 2 teams that have $$$ and can afford to possibly re sign both players i listed. Again I never ever say that this is the way it is, I am just sorta wishing we could do somethings like this....and that canada/mexico fight fight was AWSOME......go canada go....lol

They will get a good prospect or two but they aren't getting anything close to Jordan Zimmerman AND two good prospects.

I'm not sure you want to defend your position with the Greinke trade. Segura, hellweg and Pena is not a haul of prospects.

Well i dont think grienke is in the league as cano either? do you want to say greinke is the same as cano?What did tex get the year he was traded at the deadline? i think he got a haul..I know trading cano isn't going to solve all oour problems, but a few good, smart moves and we will be younger, and ready to get a FA or 2 and really compete, thats all.If there was a time and we had a few players to make that happen, this year is the year to do it...both cano and grandy are FA's I am sure trading both to contenders early enough can get us something no? plus sell a few other older fellas away too....lol
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 196)

Postby J35J » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:49 pm

toledomudhens wrote:
kab21 wrote:

Well i dont think grienke is in the league as cano either? do you want to say greinke is the same as cano?What did tex get the year he was traded at the deadline? i think he got a haul..I know trading cano isn't going to solve all oour problems, but a few good, smart moves and we will be younger, and ready to get a FA or 2 and really compete, thats all.If there was a time and we had a few players to make that happen, this year is the year to do it...both cano and grandy are FA's I am sure trading both to contenders early enough can get us something no? plus sell a few other older fellas away too....lol

I'd actually probably take Greinke, was he 28 at the time of the deal?, over Cano at 30 years old. It's close though, I certainly wouldn't say Cano is somehow way out of Greinke's "league" as you put it. Of course I value SP over hitters in real life baseball too.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby toledomudhens » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:25 pm

I didn't mean it to sound like i was comparing pujols to chris davis kinda thing...but a superstar stud hitter that plays in all 162 games most of the time....My stance in this whole debate is if cano has turned down a deal already, we cannot compete with the dogers $$$$ next year, our pitching is a mess and our players are all ready to retire..lol...but Cashman could make a couple deals that would set us up in year 2 or 3 of the "3 yr" plan.I don\t know who we could make deal with, but i see every year teams pulling the trigger, and making big deals....so why not us?...
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 pm

Cashman leaving no stone unturned:

Cashman interested in Derrek Lee, Scott Rolen and Chipper Jones

I'm with him on this, if he only needs a couple of months fill-in, why not Derrek Lee? He's only going to cost $500,000 to $1mil. Same with Rolen.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Ender » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:52 pm

By midseason the Nats will be lucky to get Trayvon Robinson for Zimmerman, he is headed for a complete breakdown. No way a smart team like the Yankees trade for a player who has no chance to be good in the AL East like Zimmerman. He is a pitchers park in the NL type player, not a real ace. In NYY he is a 4+ ERA guy.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby OBPlover » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:03 am

Ender wrote:

By midseason the Nats will be lucky to get Trayvon Robinson for Zimmerman, he is headed for a complete breakdown. No way a smart team like the Yankees trade for a player who has no chance to be good in the AL East like Zimmerman. He is a pitchers park in the NL type player, not a real ace. In NYY he is a 4+ ERA guy.

Everyone said the exact same thing about Kuroda coming to the Yanks and for the exact same reasons.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 118)

Postby Ender » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:42 am

OBPlover wrote:
Ender wrote:

Everyone said the exact same thing about Kuroda coming to the Yanks and for the exact same reasons.

Kuroda is a better pitcher than Zimmerman though and he has a skillset that plays better in a hitters venue with the 50%+ GB. Obviously a 4+ ERA is probably stretching things from a pure performance standpoint but having watched Zimmerman in spring training I just don't think his arm is right, he is on my personal avoid list this year. I've seen the velocity is way down getting hit around, shut the guy down because of a tired arm thing too many times and it almost always ends in a DL trip.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby toledomudhens » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:07 am

Ender wrote:

And what do you call huges and nova? I am sure these guys are what you would call "not AL east" pitchers...The other guy said it first, when the yanks signed kuroda the exact same things were said about him, and the AL east, and the difference in stadiums.The only difference would have been run support for him, well that worked out very well last season didn't it?...Is there a pitcher that can pitch at yankee stadium? maybe we need to bring back wang and his high GB%. 1 more thing, i never said zim was going to be our "ACE"..
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby toledomudhens » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:14 am

AussieDodger wrote:Cashman leaving no stone unturned:

Cashman interested in Derrek Lee, Scott Rolen and Chipper Jones

I'm with him on this, if he only needs a couple of months fill-in, why not Derrek Lee? He's only going to cost $500,000 to $1mil. Same with Rolen.

Yup, this is exactly how our season is going....2012 red sox boys....gonna be a real tough year...But If they are going to get 1 player I would say rolen would be the most game ready no? Lee didn't even play last year, and chipper is never going to dawn anyother jersey but the braves one......But from what I heard rolen wants more $$ and guarenteed playing time all year...so IF we have to get one, they better hurry up and get this lee to the training facility and get into game shape....
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers