2013 New York Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 New York Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 New York Yankees

Postby toledomudhens » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:01 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/mark-teixeira-and-still-not-the-end-of-the-yankees/

FanGraphs wrote:The Yankees have a strong pitching staff, a star at second base, a FanGraphs star in center field, and a popular star at shortstop. Even without the injured guys, they aren’t dreadful, and they just have to tread water until the injured guys come back. No team in the AL East projects to be dominant, so the Yankees shouldn’t drift too far out of the race. Their odds are the lowest they’ve been in some time, sure, but their odds remain reasonable, legitimate. They’re not that much worse than the Blue Jays, and the Jays are considered by many the favorites.

Basically the point I've been trying to make in this thread.

C- cervelli....lol...
1ST..Johnson/texiera(wrist injuries are a problem for any hitter)
2ND..Cano...stud
SS...Jeter...future HOF, but is 38 and coming off a bad broken ankle
3RD...Youk...lol..Im not going to even bother..oh ya and plastic hip might come back some time.
Left..Jaun Rivera... :~( :~( :~(
Center..Gardner...missed alot of time last season with an elbow problem, ceterfield needs a throwing arm.
Right...Ichiro...38 yrs old?...this isn't the same ichiro that seattle enjoyed for all those years....
DH..Vs rt...Hafner...200 AB's a season hafner, well I am impressed
DH..Vs lft..Nunez...skilled player, will be a super utility, bad defence...
DL...Granderson
DL...tex
DL...arod
P1..CC..bone spurs last season, 32 yrs old and has logged tons of innings in the last 5 seasons
P2..Kuroda..Solid..39 yrs old?...
P3..Pettit..40yrs old...injury prone
P4..Huges...bulging disk in back
P5..They don't know
Closer...First ballot HOF'ER, 42 yrs old, tore acl last season, you need your legs to pitch
I could care less what fangraphs says, this is an old beat up lineup, show me another team like this, that u think can compete with the big boys of today. And who ever said there not that much worse then the jays needs to loose his job. Must be another Yankee homer...
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 200)
Home Cafe: Baseball

2013 New York Yankees

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:05 pm

toledomudhens wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/mark-teixeira-and-still-not-the-end-of-the-yankees/

FanGraphs wrote:The Yankees have a strong pitching staff, a star at second base, a FanGraphs star in center field, and a popular star at shortstop. Even without the injured guys, they aren’t dreadful, and they just have to tread water until the injured guys come back. No team in the AL East projects to be dominant, so the Yankees shouldn’t drift too far out of the race. Their odds are the lowest they’ve been in some time, sure, but their odds remain reasonable, legitimate. They’re not that much worse than the Blue Jays, and the Jays are considered by many the favorites.

Basically the point I've been trying to make in this thread.

C- cervelli....lol...
1ST..Johnson/texiera(wrist injuries are a problem for any hitter)
2ND..Cano...stud
SS...Jeter...future HOF, but is 38 and coming off a bad broken ankle
3RD...Youk...lol..Im not going to even bother..oh ya and plastic hip might come back some time.
Left..Jaun Rivera... :~( :~( :~(
Center..Gardner...missed alot of time last season with an elbow problem, ceterfield needs a throwing arm.
Right...Ichiro...38 yrs old?...this isn't the same ichiro that seattle enjoyed for all those years....
DH..Vs rt...Hafner...200 AB's a season hafner, well I am impressed
DH..Vs lft..Nunez...skilled player, will be a super utility, bad defence...
DL...Granderson
DL...tex
DL...arod
P1..CC..bone spurs last season, 32 yrs old and has logged tons of innings in the last 5 seasons
P2..Kuroda..Solid..39 yrs old?...
P3..Pettit..40yrs old...injury prone
P4..Huges...bulging disk in back
P5..They don't know
Closer...First ballot HOF'ER, 42 yrs old, tore acl last season, you need your legs to pitch
I could care less what fangraphs says, this is an old beat up lineup, show me another team like this, that u think can compete with the big boys of today. And who ever said there not that much worse then the jays needs to loose his job. Must be another Yankee homer...

You're right. Your brilliant analysis of "lol" and ":~( " changed my mind. The Yankees will be lucky to win 70 games. Fangraphs doesn't know what they're talking about.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby toledomudhens » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:15 pm

I don't have a fantasy baseball site that is saying the have a great pitching staff, and are just under the blue jays...I do not claim to be a proffensional, but when your a legit site you can't possibly believe that yankees are on the level with the jays, unless your bias...And laughing out loud at our lineup is a bad thing,it's not supposed to be funny, you do know that right?...thats how bad our team is right now....Go back to your fangraphs and your xp's and fip's and all the other rc's all you want, It doesn't take a smart person to look at the division, and look at the other competition in the mlb, and see exactly where our beloved yanks sit...
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:25 pm

toledomudhens wrote:....Go back to your fangraphs and your xp's and fip's and all the other rc's all you want...

"...and get off my lawn!"
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:27 pm

The Blue Jays are being pretty overrated in this thread. They are the last year's Tigers who everyone said would run away with the division and instead took a collapse by another team to make the playoffs. That is a pretty mediocre pitching staff. I'm not a fan of Johnson or Buerhle in that park, Romero isn't a very good pitcher imo. The depth behind those guys are a bunch of guys coming off of injuries that weren't that great to begin with and then rejects from the Pirates and Astros. They will definitely score some runs but they aren't much better than the other teams in the AL East.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Kimbos Beard » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Ender wrote:The Blue Jays are being pretty overrated in this thread. They are the last year's Tigers who everyone said would run away with the division and instead took a collapse by another team to make the playoffs. That is a pretty mediocre pitching staff. I'm not a fan of Johnson or Buerhle in that park, Romero isn't a very good pitcher imo. The depth behind those guys are a bunch of guys coming off of injuries that weren't that great to begin with and then rejects from the Pirates and Astros. They will definitely score some runs but they aren't much better than the other teams in the AL East.

I hear you on this. The 2012 Tigers and Angels should have taught us not to just had division titles to whoever makes big acquisitions in the offseason!
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby toledomudhens » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:48 pm

absolutly, I am not giving the title to any team...they all have to play 162 games, i'm just trying to tell bronx that the 2013 yanks are gonna have a real hard time, and if the brothers really want to shred payroll, we they have a decision to make...I hope the days of 200 million contracts to guys over 30 are over, no matter what, it will never end good.
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

2013 New York Yankees

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:17 pm

toledomudhens wrote:absolutly, I am not giving the title to any team...they all have to play 162 games, i'm just trying to tell bronx that the 2013 yanks are gonna have a real hard time, and if the brothers really want to shred payroll, we they have a decision to make...I hope the days of 200 million contracts to guys over 30 are over, no matter what, it will never end good.

When exactly did I say it was going to be easy? And making a decision on Cano has nothing to do with the Yankees projected win total for 2013. What I said was that the Yankees will never trade Cano as long as they have a chance to win in 2013...and at this point in time they have a reasonable expectation to compete for a playoff spot. If that changes as the months go on, then you can discuss the validity of trading Cano. I never even commented on whether I felt they should re-sign him in the offseason or throw $200M+ at him. I only speculated that they would.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby toledomudhens » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 pm

I see it differently, I don't see them competiting in 2013. there is no way the win 85 games, and there is no way they win a wild card spot....There are to many teams that are to good right now. Some of these teams that are set up right now might be where the yanks are now in a few years, stuck.200 million dollar contracts don't work for players 30 and above, I will bet you the angels will agree in another year or two...
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby Slayer Rules » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:12 am

I agree with tmh. With an offense composed of replacement level guys at most positions and a nondescript pitching staff I think they're going to have a hard time making the playoffs this year. They should write this year off and build around Cano. I think they're sellers at the deadline and we could see some fundamental shifts in their roster before the end of 2013.
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers