2013 New York Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 New York Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 New York Yankees

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:53 pm

toledomudhens wrote:exactly, they will sign extensions with there respective teams, why, cause they want to stay with there teams.can u imagine if verlander or kershaw got a sniff of free agency...wow...but no, they will sing an extension, not like our "future" captain.....

Omg exactly, it's because they love their teams! That's why King Felix stayed in Seattle. Had nothing to do with the fact that he was offered the richest deal ever for a SP, he just loves Starbucks and grunge music.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:55 pm

So how many Gs are you betting on the Yankees under 86.5?

I do remember betting u a sig bet, u take 86.5 and i will take the under....loser has to sport a sox sig all offseaseon....com on bronx, dan johnson and rivera will make sure u win....lol
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 202)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

toledomudhens wrote:So how many Gs are you betting on the Yankees under 86.5?

I do remember betting u a sig bet, u take 86.5 and i will take the under....loser has to sport a sox sig all offseaseon....com on bronx, dan johnson and rivera will make sure u win....lol

Pretty bold of you to say the Yankees would win 70-75 games and then offer me the Vegas line of 86.5 on a sig bet. ;-7
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby toledomudhens » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:00 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
toledomudhens wrote:So how many Gs are you betting on the Yankees under 86.5?

Pretty bold of you to say the Yankees would win 70-75 games and then offer me the Vegas line of 86.5 on a sig bet. ;-7

So u in...i take the under? red sox sig all offseason?
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:03 am

:-b I can't do this anymore.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby toledomudhens » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:06 am

ok, no problem...just remember this coversation at the end of the year...
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby thedude » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:42 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Clearly they've taken some huge blows in the last week. Grandy and Teix should be back by mid-late May, so it's not as if their production is gone for the season. And I don't view Tampa or Toronto's lineups are being particularly potent either, especially if they happen to lose any of their sluggers to injury for an extended period of time. You also can't discount their ability to go acquire someone via trade if they get desperate, which they've been known to do.

But Toronto and Rays have superior pitching.

BronXBombers51 wrote: You also can't discount their ability to go acquire someone via trade if they get desperate, which they've been known to do.

I can discount their ability to make trades, since their farm system is not exactly overflowing with talent. They have Mason Williams, then they have a bunch of guys who not really close to the majors and are rather risky. I mean there is talent in the system, but are they willingly to sell it low for a rental?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby rjforlife » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:50 am

I put a nickel online at under 87.5. I'll glady wait 7 months to collect my 900.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:36 am

thedude wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Clearly they've taken some huge blows in the last week. Grandy and Teix should be back by mid-late May, so it's not as if their production is gone for the season. And I don't view Tampa or Toronto's lineups are being particularly potent either, especially if they happen to lose any of their sluggers to injury for an extended period of time. You also can't discount their ability to go acquire someone via trade if they get desperate, which they've been known to do.

But Toronto and Rays have superior pitching.

Yankees ZiPS, Rays ZiPS, Blue Jays ZiPS

Yankees starting rotation is projected to have 14 WAR, same as Tampa. Toronto is projected for 16. That seems a little high to me, but let's go with it. NY and Toronto have 3 each from their bullpens, Tampa gets 4. That puts Toronto at 19 total, Tampa at 16 and NY at 15. Offensively, even if you prorate Granderson and Teixeira to 2/3 of a season, the Yankees starting lineup (not including whatever production they get from Grandy and Teix's fill-ins) post a WAR of 23. Tampa also posts a 23 and Toronto a 26. That puts the Yankees around 38 WAR, which, unless I'm way off in calculating, would be good for around 85 wins, and that's after prorating the two offensive losses they just had and not factoring in any possible production from guys like A-Rod or Pineda should they happen to return for the 2nd half. I just think, in the grand scheme of things, you're talking about less than a handful of wins separating these teams. Luck could make up for that and then some. I'm not predicting the Yankees will win 87 games or beat Tampa/Toronto or definitely clinch a wild card spot. I'm predicting that they'll compete. They'll be in the race for the playoffs. That's it.

BronXBombers51 wrote: You also can't discount their ability to go acquire someone via trade if they get desperate, which they've been known to do.

I can discount their ability to make trades, since their farm system is not exactly overflowing with talent. They have Mason Williams, then they have a bunch of guys who not really close to the majors and are rather risky. I mean there is talent in the system, but are they willingly to sell it low for a rental?

I don't know what their plan is. I've heard Cashman say before he wouldn't touch the farm system but then saw him trade away Jackson, Kennedy and even Tabata when he was still decently regarded. Their system is not bad (Keith Law ranked it 10th in baseball) but you're correct in saying it is not ultra-deep and most of the elite-level prospects are not close to major league ready. I still wouldn't put it past the Yankees to trade them if they got a good enough return.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:21 pm

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... e-yankees/

FanGraphs wrote:The Yankees have a strong pitching staff, a star at second base, a FanGraphs star in center field, and a popular star at shortstop. Even without the injured guys, they aren’t dreadful, and they just have to tread water until the injured guys come back. No team in the AL East projects to be dominant, so the Yankees shouldn’t drift too far out of the race. Their odds are the lowest they’ve been in some time, sure, but their odds remain reasonable, legitimate. They’re not that much worse than the Blue Jays, and the Jays are considered by many the favorites.

Basically the point I've been trying to make in this thread.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers