2013 New York Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 New York Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 New York Yankees

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:47 pm

toledomudhens wrote:Yes i believe they will be the 2012 red sox......sorry if u don't agree...

I don't.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bayside » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 pm

Does a signing bonus count against the cap?
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:54 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
toledomudhens wrote:Yes i believe they will be the 2012 red sox......sorry if u don't agree...

I don't.

Then you are either blinded by your love for the yanks, or do you think because they are the yanks, they are entitled to it year after year?....
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 202)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:02 pm

toledomudhens wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

I don't.

Then you are either blinded by your love for the yanks, or do you think because they are the yanks, they are entitled to it year after year?....

I'm blinded by my love for the Yanks, just like FanGraphs, Baseball Prospectus and Las Vegas.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kab21 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:18 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Generally I'm not worried about the Yankees spending the necessary money to put a competitive team on the field. 2014 might be a down year for them if they are trying to get under the luxury tax threshold. But by 2015 I fully expect them to have one of the better teams in baseball again.

But where is the talent going to come from? You've said yourself that most of the team is FA in a year. They have a few decent prospects but it's not a strong farm system. There are only a couple of really good FA's available each year. And there is more than a few teams that will spend the money to sign them.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 159)

Postby Element » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:21 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I love every second of this.

:-D :-D :-D
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 610)

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:36 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
toledomudhens wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
I don't.

I'm blinded by my love for the Yanks, just like FanGraphs, Baseball Prospectus and Las Vegas.

LOL actually vegas has 2 more teams that i forgot to metion that the 2013 yanks would have no chance at beating, the dodgers and reds....lol.....the only difference between the 2012 red sox and the 2013 yanks is that no team will take on our retarded contracts off our hands like the dodgers did...but i would not be surprised at all if we finish with 70-75 wins...I'm sorry bronx, but your just not looking at it.
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 pm

kab21 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Generally I'm not worried about the Yankees spending the necessary money to put a competitive team on the field. 2014 might be a down year for them if they are trying to get under the luxury tax threshold. But by 2015 I fully expect them to have one of the better teams in baseball again.

But where is the talent going to come from? You've said yourself that most of the team is FA in a year. They have a few decent prospects but it's not a strong farm system. There are only a couple of really good FA's available each year. And there is more than a few teams that will spend the money to sign them.

It's certainly a valid question. Teixeira will still be under contract for 1B and I fully anticipate them re-signing Cano for 2B. I think a big question is what they do with Jeter and A-Rod. Jeter can't be left on SS much longer. Who knows if A-Rod will ever be able to play the field again. So those are things that they're going to have to work out. It seems like a pretty strong FA crop after 2014 that includes Elvis Andrus, Asdrubal Cabrera, Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval at SS/3B. Kershaw and Verlander are the headlining SPs, but there seems to stand a reasonable chance that they get locked up before they ever sniff the market. I think 2015 is too far off to know exactly what kind of moves they'll be able to make and how far along their farm system will be at that point.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:41 pm

toledomudhens wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
toledomudhens wrote:

LOL actually vegas has 2 more teams that i forgot to metion that the 2013 yanks would have no chance at beating, the dodgers and reds....lol.....the only difference between the 2012 red sox and the 2013 yanks is that no team will take on our retarded contracts off our hands like the dodgers did...but i would not be surprised at all if we finish with 70-75 wins...I'm sorry bronx, but your just not looking at it.

So how many Gs are you betting on the Yankees under 86.5?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said he views Juan Rivera as "more of an outfielder" than a first baseman.
"I don’t look at him as a first baseman," Cashman said. "I know he played first with the Dodgers, but in fairness, we have to evaluate everything. If I have our people tell me it’s a logical, legitimate one to look at, then I’ll be comfortable looking at it. I haven’t heard that yet and I haven’t asked anybody." The comment would seem to indicate that Rivera will mostly see time filling in for Curtis Granderson, rather than Mark Teixeira. Dan Johnson and Kevin Youkilis are the club's main in-house options to fill in at first.

This makes me want to puke....how can u bronx even explain, and defend this team..."com on man"
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers