Lots of Trade Options... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Lots of Trade Options...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lots of Trade Options...

Postby lambo1203 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:18 pm

8-team ESPN H2H points league, pitcher & power-hitter friendly. Been getting quite a few trade offers so far, already executed one. I gave up Trumbo for Jon Lester, much to the dismay of quite a few people on here, but I figured I needed the pitching help. Now I've got quite a few trade offers coming into me and I'm interested on which ones to take (if any.) I'm also putting in a bid to pick up Eric Hosmer who was recently cut (for some inexplicable reason)

OFFER 1
I GET SS Asdrubal Cabrera and GIVE UP 1B Rizzo...obvious help at SS. This would also allow me to drop A. Escobar to pick up Eric Hosmer

OFFER 2
I GET OF/1B Swisher and GIVE UP 1B Ike Davis...the other owner says it's just a starting offer to gauge my interest in trading...seems like a wash but may help with my OF depth...hate to give up power though, even though Davis isn't a great 1B option...but I do have Hosmer (hopefully)

OFFER 3
I GET 1B Paul Konerko and GIVE UP 2B Aaron Hill...not sure I like this one. I think the other owner is just trying to throw another 1B at me and I think I've got plenty of mediocre options as is

C: Mauer
1B: I. Davis
2B: Pedroia
SS: A. Escobar
3B: M. Cabrera
OFs: Holliday, Cespedes, Markakis
Util: Wright, Longoria
SP: Wainwright, Zimmermann, Lester, Morrow, Lincecum
RP: J. Johnson, Medlen
Bench: T. Hudson, A. Hill, Rizzo, Howard, Machado

ESPN 8-team league H2H points (1 pt/base, SB, RBI, R, BB, -1/K, CS, E...+/- 5 W/L, +/- 3 SV/BS, .9/IP, 1 pt/K, -1 pt/BB, HB, ER, -2 pt/HR, 3 pts QS, 9 pts CG, 15 SO)

As always, leave a link! Thanks for the help all ;-D
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lots of Trade Options...

Postby tdasher06 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:50 pm

The only offer out of the three I would consider is the first one. Cabrera would be a step up from Escobar and if you gain Hosmer you're won't really lose much (maybe a few home runs and average) if you to decide to trade Rizzo. Overall, I think the first trade would help your club the most, but as your team stands right now, it looks very impressive.
tdasher06
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks for the help with mine again,

I actually only really like the 1st one. A-Cab is a big upgrade on Escobar, (really like A-Cab this season) in that lineup for the Indians. BUT if there is away you can make that move without moving Rizzo I would try, maybe I.Davis and Escobar FOR Cabrera?? unless he doesn't have the roster room for 2 players coming back, then that is a problem.

Not really a fan of the 2nd deal as its a lateral move.....but it does give you some flexibility with Swisher eligible int he "OF" so not to bad.....

Don't like the 3rd deal, cause Hill gives you great insurance on the "injured" boy Pedroia from last year.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)

Postby lambo1203 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:46 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:I actually only really like the 1st one. A-Cab is a big upgrade on Escobar, (really like A-Cab this season) in that lineup for the Indians. BUT if there is away you can make that move without moving Rizzo I would try, maybe I.Davis and Escobar FOR Cabrera?? unless he doesn't have the roster room for 2 players coming back, then that is a problem.

Unfortunately the other owner doesn't want anything to do with Escobar (can't imagine why haha) and I tried Davis for Cabrera straight up, and they said they wouldn't do it unless it were Rizzo instead, so I'm kind of stuck with that one there. And there's really no room to send 2 players back, so that takes away some flexibility too
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Do trade 1 getting ACab and snag Hosmer for Escobar (just dumping him).
You have Hosmer/Howard at 1b that is enough.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1937)

Postby lambo1203 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Okay, I took the first offer and my team looks like this (with adding Hosmer and cutting Escobar pending)

SS: A. Cabrera
Bench: T. Hudson, A. Hill, Howard, Machado, A. Escobar

Where else do I need to make trades? I'd like to upgrade my OF but don't really know what else I could really give up to do that. Who else should be a trade target?
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 am

lambo1203 wrote:Okay, I took the first offer and my team looks like this (with adding Hosmer and cutting Escobar pending)

SS: A. Cabrera
Bench: T. Hudson, A. Hill, Howard, Machado, A. Escobar

Where else do I need to make trades? I'd like to upgrade my OF but don't really know what else I could really give up to do that. Who else should be a trade target?

It would be nice to get another big bat in the OF, maybe wait it out a bit, see how Machado does in the early parts of the season, and use him as bait for the "OF" or go big now, and move one of Wright or Longoria for that STUD OUTFIELDER.

Other then that I like this team. Maybe could use another arm, IF, big "IF" Timmy "the freak" Lincecum doesn't come back to form.

Provide us a list of "OF" that you think might be available? I am sure Wright and/or Longoria can score a STUD easily.

P.S. Check your PM box, (I sent you an item)
thanks
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)

Postby Davesworld23 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 am

I hope u have not accepted the trade without hosmer deal clearing waivers. It would not be very fun running thru the season with Howard as ur only man. U will have some trade options as the season goes along as well. For now ride ur team.
Davesworld23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lambo1203 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:01 am

BUCCOFAN wrote:
Provide us a list of "OF" that you think might be available? I am sure Wright and/or Longoria can score a STUD easily.

Here's the OFs with owners who I know will at least listen to trades:

Willingham, Swisher, Heyward (maybe), Victorino, A. Jones, A. Jackson, Jennings

And the top 10 OF free agents (according to our points system):

Aoki, Reddick, Brantley, Morrision, Cuddyer, Murphy, Soriano, Ichiro, Rasmus, Hart

Davesworld23 wrote:I hope u have not accepted the trade without hosmer deal clearing waivers. It would not be very fun running thru the season with Howard as ur only man. U will have some trade options as the season goes along as well. For now ride ur team.

I'll know about the Hosmer claim this evening...and I'd still have Ike and Howard, so as much as I'd like to have him, it wouldn't necessarily kill me if I missed out. But obviously he's better than both of the other options
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lambo1203 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:41 pm

I got Hosmer for Escobar...which OF from the list above does everyone recommend me targeting? And what should I be looking to give up to get said outfielder?
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions